just my opinion ......dont h8..

16 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

ive spent a few hrs over past few days rating tanks n noticed....alot of tanks with no backgrounds , wires hanging around , or lotsa filters n air hoses showing,now this is the part where i stress...''JUST MY OPINION, DONT H8''...cover that s#!t up n alot of tanks would look a whole lot better...again "JUST MY OPINION"

GiantDogg

by GiantDogg

Agreed

jdak702

by jdak702

My complaint is that their are pictures being rated from over 5 years ago and the users are no longer around. I don't even rate that often because i see tanks i have seen from long ago. Their needs to be a shelf life.

recowan

by recowan

Last edited by recowan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

josmoloco

by josmoloco

recowan...

Do you really think your fish like their brightly colored grave, florescent plants and plastic statues?

The rating is pointless by the way...

gumbii

by gumbii

fuck it... get over it...

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I agree that adding a background is a really simple way to improve the look of a tank.

I disagree w/recowan's comment about planted tanks. Some of us are trying to create a natrualistic habitat, in which the fish are almost secondary. And, in fact, i believe that a more natural environment actually shows off the fish better.

cmarti

by cmarti

For some fish having a "hiding spot" makes them more comfortable, plus it looks more natural. To hide the back where wires and stuff are I have a black background.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Having plastic plans is ok I think as long as you get some REAL looking ones, but I am not into the statues and paper backgrounds. It definitely costs more $$ for the real plants, which I think are the best looking, but you can make do with some really nice fake ones that are not blue and purple.
As for the wires hanging off the back.. I do not have a background, but I think my wires and tubes
aren't the first "eye catching" thing you see.
To each is own. Some people don't care what the back of the tank looks like, as long as the inside is nice looking.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Having plastic plans is ok I think as long as you get some REAL looking ones, but I am not into the statues and paper backgrounds. It definitely costs more $$ for the real plants, which I think are the best looking, but you can make do with some really nice fake ones that are not blue and purple.
As for the wires hanging off the back.. I do not have a background, but I think my wires and tubes
aren't the first "eye catching" thing you see.
To each is own. Some people don't care what the back of the tank looks like, as long as the inside is nice looking.

16 posts • Page 1 of 2