just my opinion ......dont h8..

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

cmarti

by cmarti

@stringraysrule - I agree that fake looking plants look better if they LOOK real. I don't have any real ones because I'm just too lazy to care for them. :)

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Low light plants like most of the ones I have require almost no more attention than plastic ones do. The nitrates from the breakdown of waste in the tank is all the fertiliser these plants need.

Low light requiring plants are easy, and it's fun to see them grow. Most low light plants will grow in any kind of gravel, but some need to be tied to a peice of wood or rock like java fern or java moss.

Anubias is my favorite. It comes in various types. The most popular are the nana (small leaf) and bartari (large leaf). This plant will grow in any gravel, tied to wood or rocks, or anything, and if tied to something above the gravel will produce roots that grow down around whatever it's tied to in a very attractive jungle like way.

Anubias and some others need very little light to grow. If you replace the bulbs after every 8-10 months (they wear out) most stock hood flourescents will be fine.

recowan

by recowan

Last edited by recowan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

gumbii

by gumbii

i didn't even know you existed...

jdak702

by jdak702

lol

Y4ND3L

by Y4ND3L

I totally AGREE with you.....some people damn they just need to bad and if they can't at least try.....the whole point other than besides having a home for your fish is to have at least an ATTRACTIVE tank!!!!!!

just my opinion ......dont h8..

16 posts • Page 2 of 2