Stuff on live Rock

16 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mro2you2

Stuff on live Rock

by mro2you2

Hi, I was going through my live rock and discovered some kind of small anomomie that my dealer said you should scrape off If I found it & I also found a bristle worm....I also found some tan glob of something on it too......If I find anything unless I get a response Ill pluck it off. Well my question to you is should I really be worried about bristle worms & etc.?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Holy pope of Isreal I found A shrimp!!! Sorry just had to tell y'all my foundings :P :P I need a response fast because Im finding stuff that is scaring me a lttle...

jdak702

by jdak702

leave the bristle worms in. they are good for your tank. the small anemones are probably aiptasias. i see some lfs leave them on their corals and tanks but i get rid of them as soon as possible. overdosing them with calcium always works. kalkwasser mix with lite water in a oral syringe and give them a shot. i am sorry i can't help you with the "globs". the only other thing i can say is that i think scraping aiptasias will only allow it to spread in the tank and they can get out of hand.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

well I all ready did scrape it off with a pocketnife & its set up and running.....I dont have a heater so that might kill bad & good to...my dealer said it was ok..same one Golden Termite goes too...

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Sorry Im a big worry freak but Im worried that I may have pest like really bad one (mantis, gorillias, etc.) Im the type of guy that worrries ALOT e.g I If I hear noices in the house I grab a bat & a phone and walk around the house. So with that being said can some one just reassure me that there is nothing to worry about. Kinda sounds stupid but I just came from the "fresh side". BTW I think there is mantis is Im hearing clicking but Im 99.999 sure its the filter.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

I wish there was a way to KILL all hitchhikers....

mro2you2

by mro2you2

OR AT LEAST SOME THING THAT ATE THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM!!!

gumbii

by gumbii

if you scraped it off then it must have been a mojano anemone...

you can't scrape off a aptasia... they'll just grow back later...

hitch hikers are great, but there are some you should watch out for...

pistol shrimps, mantis shrimps, octopus, mojano, aptasia, flatworms of many types, nudibranch (slugs), red bugs, black bugs, crabs of any sort, eunice worm...

i would have a heart attack on the black bugs... they will eat all your LPS in a week or less... srsly...

mro2you2

by mro2you2

is mojano kinda like a black stem but has kinda red or green polyps? If you could get me a pic. Im going to call the dealer and ask him.

so far on my good list is a really small bristle star waving its arms out of a rock

The only thing I saw in water was just a kinda of a black, fat V shape and on top eather green or red polyps that were very stubby.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

do you think without a heater for a while will kill anything (that came with the live rock)

Any way I found a easy soultion for the monajanos ill peel them off and then smother the roots with superglue So its forever encased in a prison of superglue!!!

Stuff on live Rock

16 posts • Page 1 of 2