Installed My 55 Gal Tank In The Wall

19 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

bennyphan

by bennyphan

So I finally got a chance to take time awake and begin my fish tank project. I tried uploading the pictures here, but the files were just to big, and I am very lazy to resize them. So here is the link to my photobucket! Please enjoy!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/b ... 20Project/

joserr07

by joserr07

dude the finished product is freakin awesome....a little color on your walls wouldnt hurt..probably make it stand out a lot more

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Very nice. I love that color as part of a rooms decor.

bennyphan

by bennyphan

Haha, I was thinking of painting the wall a light grayish color. I don't know, I will leave that up to the wife, but you are def. correct Joserr07. A little color would bring out the tank a little more.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

excellent work....awesome final display

bennyphan

by bennyphan

Does anyone know where i can get a nice background that has a picture of just tropical water with the ripple/wave effect? I don't want that plain dark blue or black, but any actual picture of a tropical water like you would see if you were to scuba dive in the bahamas or something....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Looks like its time to go saltwater......Its in the perfect place and it would be gorgeous there. You could do a fish only and make it sweet. Just throw a HOB protein skimmer.....and throw in some salt....bam your done. :) But really......thats a sweet tank and a really nice build. Very impressive!

kraigt

by kraigt

Not jealous ....... Trying not to get jealous ...... OK I WANT THAT TANK IN MY WALL

Absolutely love the way you made it into a picture frame style, its brilliant, well done

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

lol kraigt...yes, it is a very sweet display (especially when the lights are out...can well imagine)

though I prefer as natural as possible tanks...this tank in the wall has its place for sure, and to have accomplished such a feat without ruining an interior wall, kudos alone for this (((thumbs up)))

bennyphan

by bennyphan

haha, thanks guys. I would love to start saltwater. Knowing me if I start with just fish, I will absolutely start putting coral, etc.... So I am guess non of you know where I can get a nice background? Maybe a website? I googled around and the only thing I can find are plan colors.

19 posts • Page 1 of 2