Tiger Barbs

24 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

How do you sex tiger barbs?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

How do you ssex them?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I mean, how do you tell the different sexes from one another?

I guess I could just google Tiger Barbs and read about it.......

Might be a good idea, Mro2you2. My guess is that if you have a big enough school the increace in numbers would lessen the agression against any one fish, unless it was already sick or something.

This is assuming that the death was caused by the other ones as Bassdr17 thought.

I'm trying again with a school of Cardinal Tetras. Looks like one isn't going to make it out of 9. They're really touchy fish and I'm assuming it was due to the stress of the move from the store. I think I'm doing everything right and it sucks to have deaths.

The others I had previousy died because there was neon tetra disease I think.

I hate losing fish!

mro2you2

by mro2you2

One is dieing right now ..... well I think sow. I run salt threw, I just added stress coat wat els can I do?

HELP ME!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

they should be pretty tough little fish.......

As a thought,....... Does your de-chlorinator dechlorinate chloramines as well as chlorine? Some brands only dechlorinate chlorine, and most municipal water suppliers (tap water) have started adding chloramine, which eveporates slowely, if not at all. Chlorine actually eveporates out of water if you just let it sit for a while. Chloramines stay in the pipes longer and kills bacteria. It's probably bad for people too.

When I run out of money and have to drink tap water I add a drop of aquarium conditioner to the gallon. It says it's only for fish, but I'sd rather drink water that won't kill my fish over water that has chlorine and other chemicals put in it.

I've been keeping fish for years. I have the perfect pH, low nitrates, and I still have fish die. It's frusturating.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Do the dieing fish look different than the healthy ones?

mro2you2

by mro2you2

He has a washed out scale color but he spends most of the time in my cave so. and he has a black spot on his head I thot it waas hole in the head.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

See, every commuity fish I have has died in a month

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Neon tetra disease affects other fish as well. I think I may have a tank that just won't support delicate fish because it's probably infected with something. I made a mistake of getting minnows from a lake and they wee probably infected, though they were tough enough fish to not be affected. Maybe you have some parisites in your tank.

The only thing I can do is basically start over if I want schooling tetras.

I don't know what to say about your tank.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Dang, another one just died October, 29. BLESS HIS SOUL R.I.P. Any one that can help PLEASE!!!!!

Tiger Barbs

24 posts • Page 2 of 3