Makeing California pot legal to aquire tax revenue?

18 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Should pot be legal?

Yes, legalise it and tax it like alcohol and cigaretts
83%
No, it's evil like the Devil.
17%

Total votes : 6

peterkarig

by peterkarig

Why can't we just admit that millions of people use pot as a recreational drug, like alcohol and cigaretts, instead of trying to make it a "medical need"?

California, and any other state or country can make HUGE tax $$$$$$$ if they would just legalise the drug and collect the money.

We're not gona stop people from smoking pot. We may as well collect up to say 30% for tax revenue

What do you think?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Yummy!!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I can't smoke the stuff myself as I'm getting redy to take piis tests in order to get a hospital job, but I still think we should take advantage of the tax revenue.

The idea that this pot is somehow needed by people to help with medical issues is ludicris. Just agree that it's a harmless drug.

Many employers will not accept workers who fail pot drug tests, so I can;t indulge, but we need money in this state, and taxing the billion dollar trade in this drug can really help the states recoup needed finanses.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hey SWP!!! How come you're so far behind me in posts? Maybe you have a LIFE???!!!!

I don't have much right now so I spend way too much on this site, but I took a year off!!!! You should be ahead.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Any drug thats not from the docter or a pharmist is bad. lol peter I cant see you (well yes I can ) a nurse. Just imagine it peter walking down a hall with his sleves roled up and his dress walking around cursing!!! lol
;) lol Im in BIG trouble with peter ;)

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

mro2you2:

Alcohol and cigaretts are drugs. They are just LEGAL. Alcohol has caused people to fight and do all kinds of stupid things. Pot may impare your ability to drive, and work effectivly, but it's really no different than the legalisation of alcohol, and should be regulated that way.

Me cursing???? Anyway, I don't personally like smoking pot as it makes me stupid, but as so many people already use it, why shouldn't it be legal for adults where we can at least generate billions just for California.

I'm not promoting the use by kids. There should be drug testing for school kids if it becomes a problem more than it already is for kids these days. It won't make a difference at all in the # of people who use IMO.

What makes it so much worse than alcohol anyway?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

IMO.......I think a lot of people drink under age and smoke weed because of the fact thats its illegal......Wheres the fun if your allowed to do it? Its like speeding.....Sure its fun to go fast.....but its MORE fun to go fast when your not supposed to! Thats my take on it. I say legalize it, and rid the drinking age one year at a time. Next year make it 20 the year after 19 and see how well that works out....

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Hey SWP!!! How come you're so far behind me in posts? Maybe you have a LIFE???!!!!

I don't have much right now so I spend way too much on this site, but I took a year off!!!! You should be ahead.

Haha, yes life is part of it, My job sucks and i took some long breaks from here, i just sit back and read more then i post, i have also been very busy with the Spawning in my tank it eats up alot of time..

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Cool. I'm an idiot. I find these old ballasts and actinic lights and use them on my planted. I stack them up with some white ones and get a beautiful looking tank, but the old lights cause algae growth.

I'm combatting that with a school of tilapia fry. They don't light up as the neons I was going to use (all but one died of neon tetra disease the fish from the store apparently had) but they eat like pigs.

I guess I'm a tilapia breeder.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I don't really know where I stand with that. You could take the two wrongs don't make a right approach. Families have lost members due to impaired driving from 'juana just as they have from alcohol. I like alcohol. I never enjoyed ganja. So I guess I'm kind've biased. I do not drink and drive. I could only imagine however the fun local law enforcement would have pitching commercials to potential drunk/high drivers. Just how much good does intimidation do across a radio commercial for the current population of habitual drunk drivers.

I'm gonna have to take the middle ground like the fence-hopping pansy I am.

18 posts • Page 1 of 2