Makeing California pot legal to aquire tax revenue?

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Should pot be legal?

Yes, legalise it and tax it like alcohol and cigaretts
83%
No, it's evil like the Devil.
17%

Total votes : 6

fihsboy

by fihsboy

The one bad thing I see is what happens when doctors start writing it to make a dollar......Thats when it gets out of hand......then your going to have doctors writing it to make an extra dollar......hey doc......ill give you 50 bucks if you write me mary jane....Im not saying they would all write the prescription......but would you? 50 bucks is 50 bucks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

The cost is about $150 here in LA for a " pot doctor". There are doctors here just for that. All you have to say is that your back hurts, you have a headach, and you get the "medical need" card which lets you go to any dispenery and get pot.

I JUST DON'T THINK MAKING POT LEGAL WILL MAKE MORE PEOPLE SMOKE IT.

It won't exaserbate the problem,......BUT, BILLIONS of $$$$$ can be made for California and other states if we collect tax revenue. Then we can reduce or stop the millions spent trying to erradicate the stuff when it's grown.

Children need better schools, books, computers, and so much good could come from making it a reguated recreational drug like alcohol.

No smoking in public places, etc.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I guess the big thing I would be worried about is, crime......would it help or hurt crime in the area.....and only time will tell the truth in that area.

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

legalize it . when my girl was pregnant her doc told her to smoke weed insted of cigarettes becuase its better 4 her n baby then cigs, she 420'd every day n my son is healthy 10 yr old straight A student.also my girl has siezures n her neuro doc tells her to smoke cuz it helps calm the brain down ,n if they made packs of joints id pay $50 a pack, the burma in wisconsin costs $50 an 1/8 n thats like 6 joints tops ,lotsa money 4 the u.s.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think this drug could very well help with certian medical conditions, but it's obvious here in LA that 99.9% of the pot sold as "medical need" is actually used for purely recreational purposes.

I think it discredits legitamate discussion about the bennefits of simply legalising it when people try to say that this new business is a medical one and not just a cover for selling for recreational use.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

OK - - - i have 2 people in my life that 420 everyday and for their protection lets just call them my wife and daughter ............HAHAHAHAHAHA.

i do not smoke anymore because unfortunately im allergic to it, everytime i try i get sick as hell and even the smell of it makes me nauscious [sp]

but i do agree with legalizing it simply for the revinue it would generate, even if a single dime wasn't collected for the sale of it how many billions would be saved just eliminateing drug task forces and what else could they be doing for the betterment of america? child abuse controll, homlessness, innercity programs etc, but of course add the taxable revinue on top of that and we could give everyone free health care, cut fuel costs in half relieve other taxes like property and school taxes.

i dont know about other state lotteries but NY half of all winning taxes goes into our education system, now lottery doesnt cause vehicle accidents but how many of us have been behind that lil old lady or guy in a convienience store whatching them spend money they prolly shouldnt be on scatch tickets..............that doesn't promote good family lifestyles.

alcohol is the same way........i will venture to guess that usage for usage if pot were legal, more families are and will be destroyed by alcohol than weed

im gonna sit with fishbot on this one - -we speed because its the excitement of getting caught, i quit smokeing cigs for 5 years about 3 days after my mom said it was ok to smoke - -it just wasn't fun anymore -

there will be pot related issues and accidents for sure but the loss of a few for the benifiet of the many has always been a decition we as americans have had to make , look at any war or even the fucked up mess we're in right now.

i do want to say i dont see any legitamate use for it, but if its there a billions can be generated from it --------- why not benifeit from it ????

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

California was supposed to use most of lottery money for schools as well, but they just started paying MUCH less via the tax rout and the schools are still underfunded.

They figured out how to screw the kids anyway.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

always do

thats what would happen if they legalize it - -they'd find some other bullshit to spend it on rather than fix the already messed up economy

Makeing California pot legal to aquire tax revenue?

18 posts • Page 2 of 2