Lost corals

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yeah my fish like mysis like 100x better, i still balance it out though between a few other foods, still mind boggling how things like that can occur though, ive done lots of crazy things to my tank and its survived pretty much all of it. I occassionally spot feed my corals with phytochrom, is that sufficient for my corals? xenia, polyps, ricordea, hammer, some of those im leary about but im not 100% sure what to feed them

newbie916

by newbie916

I've been feeding my tank a wide range of food and they've been doing increasingly well.

Fish:

Combination of Mysis, Krill, and Spirlina enriched flake food

LPS and softees: Torches, Acans, Frogspawn, zoas, paly's, toadstool, candy canes, trumpets, ricordia's, clams, feather duster, coco worm, GSP, Xenia, etc.

The LPS get daily pieces of Krill, Mysis, and Silversides. (Hand feed every mouth, which is alot of work) Takes me longer to feed my corals than to feed my kids...lol

I then mix a combination of Reef Nutrition Phytofeast, Arctipods, and Oyster feast and do half of it in the morning and the other half at night.

Since I started the Oyster feast two months ago..All of my LPS and polyps have colored up very nicely and are multiplying like crazy. My Frogspawn started off with 20 heads a year ago and now it has over 60 and is the size of a large cantelope. The Acan's were 40 heads and now are in the 60's and the nuclear green trumpets started with 40 head and are now 60. Ricordia Yuma's started with one head three months ago and now has split into 4. All of the zoas are taking over my rocks. Virtually, everything is growing at a mad pace, but I also do weekly 10-20% water changes because I want to make sure I keep my water quality up. I need to learn how to frag:)

I definitley recommend Oyster Feast!!!

Chris

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

holy cow, i didnt even know lps had mouths........ ok everyone has one of these but i ALWAYS forget the name, its either an sps or an lps, looks kind of like a moss covered flourescent green tree stump that grows, very common, what do i feed it? I see no mouths

newbie916

by newbie916

If it's Green Star Polyps, then they are mostly photosynthetic. However, I believe they benefit from the phytofeast.

angus4481

by angus4481

check your tank for fire worms....... they eat corals

Gldntrmite8894

by Gldntrmite8894

Thanks for all the advise and helpful suggestions. Ends up that it was most likely the last water change that occured when i changed the sump tank out. Suppose i learned my lesson on massive water changes. I typically stick to more frequent small changes to keep from disrupting the corals or fish.

I do have a Flame Angel however i've never had a problem with it nipping at any of the corals..

Lost corals

16 posts • Page 2 of 2