Wood vs Iron stand?

24 posts • Page 1 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

dizzcat

Wood vs Iron stand?

by dizzcat

Hey, need some input here. I put an add on Craigslist asking for a 55 gallon tank stand. All the stands I have seen on there come with the whole setup. So, I placed a item wanted add hoping someone would sell me just the stand.

I am really wanting a wooden stand to match my 30 gallon stand, but have had no offers yet. What I like most about the wood is you can hide a canister filter under it.

I did get an offer for a black iron stand for $20.

If you were me, would you just get the iron stand or wait and see if anyone offers a wooden one? What are the pros and cons between the 2?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I would get what I wanted.....dont sacrifice. You wont be happy. :)

dizzcat

by dizzcat

The problem I have is I can only spend about $30 on a stand and so far the only offer I got was at $75.

What do you think my chances are at getting a wood stand for that?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

slim. haha. Can you wait a little longer for some more cash? Or is that all you WANT to spend?

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Well, right now the tank is on the floor. I just want oit off the floor!

JB20High9473

by JB20High9473

Might want to grab the Black Iron for $20, and after that save for what you want. At least then you only burned $20 and its off the floor until you have the bucks for what you actually want. Just my opinion though.

On a side note, if you need a hand getting that beast on the stand or anything to do with it lemme know Dizz. :)

kelbri

by kelbri

I would be inclined to buy the iron stand for now. Save for the wood one you want, and then sell the iron one (if you don't need it anymore). Who knows, you may even get $25 for it and make a profit =)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

get the wood stand for 20 bucks, go to walmart and buy a single baed flat top sheet {black IMO} lay it over the stand, put the tank on it, bam 27bucks you got a solid black stand and can hide everything under it, fold it up and hold it with a clothes pin or something when your working under there

Boss

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I actually thought of something like that Boss

JB, I just may need your help next week if I get that stand! I have been trying to figure out how I could get that tank up on a stand alone when I can barely lift one corner of it! I will definitely take you up on the offer!

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

your gonna have to drain atleast 1/2 the water to get it moved, if not more.... you gotta think that 55 gallon full weighs around 600lbs so even half full your still loking at 300 pounds that is a hefty feat even if you have 2 ppl, and if it is a glass tank i would nod recomend trying to lift it unless it is almost completly empty.... but i am pretty sure that i remember you saying yours is acrlyic...... just a few thoughts.

Wood vs Iron stand?

24 posts • Page 1 of 3