Wood vs Iron stand?

24 posts • Page 3 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

pretty sweet

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats looks great!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

That does look great C&C! I probably would never figure out how to do that. How would you stick it to a iron stand??

Well, I ended up getting the iron one for lack of other offers. I did get an offer from a woman, she told me I could have her wooden one for $10! She is getting ready to have a baby and just needed it gone. Problem was, it was 57 x 15" and my tank is 48x13. So my tank would not have fit :-(

I bought a piece of black vinyl and covered up the front. Just used a couple strips of Velcro to keep it on and that way I can take it off too if needed. The vynal is heavy so it hangs straight and looks much better than plain material.

Not the best, but my tank looks twice as big as it did sitting on the floor and is now a true show tank! They seem more active too. Maybe being so close to the floor made them a tad nervous or maybe I just couldn't see them as well.

CedricAndCandy7566

by CedricAndCandy7566

"That does look great C&C! I probably would never figure out how to do that. How would you stick it to a iron stand?? "

The ply wood is so lightweight that I reckon the velcro strips would be strong enough to hold it to the iron stand too. And then the panels would be easy to remove for access to the stand.

Wood vs Iron stand?

24 posts • Page 3 of 3