Favorite Fish?

18 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Favorite Fish?

by fihsboy

Mine would have to be one I dont have....Purple Firefish. They are pretty sweet, and very cool to watch. Just waitin till I set up my 45....then I will buy one.

megski

by megski

I love everything. lol. If I can sit for a while and watch something, it automatically becomes my favorite.

My favorite swimming creatures would have to cephalopods though.

The purple firefish are the ones with the purple mouths, right? I think they have a video of them at live aquaria.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

megski

by megski

haha, it made me laugh how they were all staring at the camera, and how their 'front fins' ( I never paid much attention in the fish part of zoology lol) look like legs.

I had a chance to buy firefish today, but I haven't done any research on them, I think their funny too, with their giant dorsal fin.

I guess if I had to pick a favorite I'd pick the green or red mandarin.

And the pajama cardinals and banggai cardinals. I saw a really big cardinal fish over the weekend, and I didn't like how he looked. He looked dingy and not bright like the small ones. I don't know if thats just what happens to them when they get big or not.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Have you ever seen a red scooter blenny? They are cool as well.

megski

by megski

I was just looking at one of those actually haha, my fish guy suggested I take a look at them.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

you need a VERY mature tank. Mine almost starved....took him back to the lfs to live. I have a HUGE 20 gallon refuge on a 29 gallon tank......and it wasnt enough. they eat amphipods, and unless your tank is crawling with them......ugh, same with the mandarins.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

My RSB is sweet, I feed mine Tigerpods, Mine will eat frozen food once and a while, not enough to keep him alive though. ...Blennys are my all time favs. oh yea and almost every NON reef safe fish ;)

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

mine just about anyone that knows me knows the fish lol. it would have to be the lion. i have 2 of them in my tank. and if i had to chouse a spices it would have to be a blue fine lion i havent had one yet but thay are so awsome looking.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Favorite Fish?

18 posts • Page 1 of 2