Corals or fish ?????????

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

Corals or fish ?????????

by Snowboss4492

I am in the process of building a tank room in my basement with the display tank in the living room draining down to it into a 55 gallon sump..............i am thinking about trying to make a little side money in the future and don"t really know which direction to go in - - -thoughts on setting up a breeding room? if so what types of fish - Or a coral room, again what types of corals - - -shipping conciderations need to be addressed as well, i dont want to grow coral or fish that cant be shipped obviously ...................thoughts and ideas on this endevour????????

thanks

Boss

memphis

by memphis

if able to i would do both. personaly for fish cant go wrong with clown fish. seems to me everyone likes them. plus very hardy. coral side couldnt tell u but i got a buddy who sell coral frags and he makes good money doing that

fihsboy

by fihsboy

problem with corals is.....you wont make any money.....after you factor in the extra light and everything. How about a clownfish farm.........that would be cool as hell. Search youtube for clownfish farm or babies. they are freaking cool to watch hatch and everything.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

you could grow a farm of softies under very little lighting,I have been selling frags of green leathers for 15 bucks each from my house and they are only 1.5 inches, fish would be sweet too,peppermint shrimp,would make some money,.Berghi Nudibranch would make you rich..

fihsboy

by fihsboy

well hell you could get some blue zoo's.........OR if you really want to make some cash.......get some montipora caps.........get green blue and red and yellow......frag them small.......and glue all of them onto the same rock into a sprial formation and let them grow into eachother.........being of the same family they wouldnt sting eachother.......but it would look sweet as hell!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

dude i have a serious problem of losing my corals, wtf........... i lost my pusating xenia, which was one thing and i lost it, now i cant find my 2x3 section of star polyp...... fuck me....... bought the shit and cant find it....... happen to anyone else??

newbie916

by newbie916

I would go with rare zoanthids. They are hardy and grow fast. Purple Hornets, Spidermans, Blue's, etc.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

thanks people - - all great ideas...............keep em comin - - -im getting excited now................giving me energy to go down and get this room going ASAP

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Morphs good colored ones. cost you sfa and can be easily multiplied for free. sell for the same cost you bought them for over and over and over. Sinulara softie trees are also a quick good seller. just cutoff a branch when ever you want to frag and they regrow rapidly.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

cost "sfa" ??????

Corals or fish ?????????

15 posts • Page 1 of 2