Chemi-pure elite

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

Chemi-pure elite

by blueshoes2208

so ive been reading reviews on this stuff and all of them are rated 5 stars, says it dramatically reduces phosphates which practically eliminates algae blooms... now if i were to use this, i have 12 turbo snails, will they starve???

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i have heard very good things about it but didn't have very good luck with i in my system - - - actually so no improvement - -it didn't get worse but didnt get any better either

fihsboy

by fihsboy

If it sounds too good to be true.....it probably is. Guy at the lfs got an aqua ecolizer.......says he loves it.....so I asked if he could tell a difference, and he thought about it, and said, you know what..... not really. You can try it out....maybe it will help you.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok well ive GOT to do something, i dont really wanna start a fuge RIGHT now but i will in the future but my nitrates registered easily at 30 ppm, my ammonia was a little high as well.... forgot the reading maybe .25... anyways i cleaned otu the canister filter.... wow...... looks like an elephant took a shit in it and then it got put in a blender... while in the process of cleaning it out i lost about 20 gallons of water haha, still tryin to figure out how to clean it out properly. Salvaged bout 15 gallons of it which is good but it had alot of shit in it so i jus put it down teh drain. So im doin like a 30% water change, cleaned out the filter, gunna clean out my skimmer tomorrow... what filter media do u guys use????

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Hey, stop bashing chemipure..lol.. I never used chemipure elite but i did use the origanal , and love it.
Blue did your canister come with directions ? do you have shutoffs on the output and return line ? Why do you wait so long to clean your canister out ? weekly should subside algae,nitrates and ammonia. along with weekly water changes.
i use chemipure and activated carbon...

cablemike5003

by cablemike5003

i use it, my algae levels have reduced, but im still scraping the glass daily. Though i heavely feed my sun coral daily so thats probably why.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I cant get algae to grow........I feed the hell out of my tank and it just wont grow.....

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

dude i just have bad experiences with cleaning it out... first time i lost 30 gallons of water onto my carpet , second time i almost did the same thing.... it did come with instructions but i cant find them, nor find anything on the internet but it does have a valve and a opening at the bottom?? haha maybe it serves a purpose... oh and btw i have this dark orange/ maroon velvet thing growing on my rock it, i think its a sponge but im not sure... pretty sure that its bad though... how do i get rid of it, its growing pretty fast.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/FX5_user_manual_EN.pdf

Also it looks like if you shut both shut off valves before you open the top you should be good, the bottom valve is probably there to relive pressure. BTW i found this link in 5 seconds..lmao

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i sware... i think i almost hate you now.... EVERY time i typed in something i got links to places that sold it or sold replacement parts

Chemi-pure elite

13 posts • Page 1 of 2