DIY Stands ?

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

saltwaterpimp

DIY Stands ?

by saltwaterpimp

Anyone have pictures of you your DIY stand projects,or Pictures of your fancy stands store bought.In the next week or so i am going to build a stand for a 90 gallon tank, and i need some ideas. and some construction help..Lmao. i never built anything nor do i trust my skills any info would be great..Thanks

SWP

jweb

by jweb

want me to take pictures of my oceanic stand? It is probably one of the best build and most sturdiest stands I have ever seen.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

you have a pic of mine already bud .................lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

you saw pics of mine. I used 2x4 for the frame... and 3x4 inch plywood....I will say unless your ready for a challenge.....dont waste your money, buy a built one. I wish I would have built one that was already made. it would have looked a lot nicer. haha

dutchmonk

by dutchmonk

Use 4x4s!! you got a big tank!! your looking at 1000lbs give or take for your set up!! use good wood!! and make it sturdy i used pressure treated 4x4s for my 66g and it worked pretty good! no pics thought sorry

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

hahaha, Also i read that pressure treated is a bad idea.ya know its funny..i look at my stand everyday and wonder,how the hell it holds(staples and 1xs)..i hope my lazy ass can get up in the morning and start this stand project..i have 6 2x4s to start with..but like i said i am lazy..hahahah i think my biggest problem is going to be the skin ...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

yeah, the frame is easy. Its finishing it off and making it nice thats hard. trim work is a biT@#

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

2x6's 10 inches on center and cover it with bead board - - then you can stain it or paint it - -mount outlets in the studs undernieth - -bam tank stand

or send me the dimmensions you want, ill get the matierals and you send me some money, ill build it for free plus materials and then you come pick it up - - -you bring the beer ill get the steaks................lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

damn that sounds like a deal!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

hahaha, That does sound like a deal, And i'm a sucker for steaks..lol.i was going to use 2x6s for the top frame and 2x4s for the rest, hahaha when i was in school i built a popcicle stick bridge that exploded at almost 1000 pounds, 2xs should be plenty to sopourt the tank no?I am going to build this stand realy tall also (its my plan anyway, Lionlord has a realy tall stand and its sweet, tons of room under the tank, and i like how the tank is right in your face when you walk by it, i was thinking 40 inches or so,

DIY Stands ?

13 posts • Page 1 of 2