DIY Stands ?

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if you double up the 2x4s around the door frame in the front or side depending on where your putting the door - even tripple them on the top of the door - then use 2x6 for the top plate and bottom plate - -from there i'd put the uprights 8-10 inches aprt and alternate them front to back {first one even with the front of the 2x6, next one even with the back of the 2x6} and then double or triple up the corners - - im tellin ya man ............just use 2x6's

i built my stand 38 inches tall, its 30 inches wide and 60 inches long and theres 15 8foot 2x6s in it

send me your dimmensions, ill draw it up and email you a build sheet

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

My stand is 43 inches and I wish I would have made it 45. I could have used two 20 gallon longs stacked on shelves under the display for sump and refuge seperatly. refuge on top and sump on bottom. Just make sure you get your plans to the T before you start. You can do it pimp. shouldnt take too long. and the stand I built......I had 300 lbs of weights on it.......my two brothers and I all stood on it as well.....and it was just 2x4's. 4 (2x4's) held over 1000lbs without even budging. if its square.....it will hold. :) or you could spend 20 bucks extra on the whole project and use 4x4's.......then you could park a truck on it. :)

YENDOR187

by YENDOR187

I also i read that pressure treated is a bad idea,but i dont remember why...well i'm going to put my 195 reef tank in the wall upstairs and we are trying make the stand in the wall. not sure on how to make it. its going to be over 2,000 pound they say.

DIY Stands ?

13 posts • Page 2 of 2