Breeding corals

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Breeding corals

by fihsboy

Does anyone have any decent links? I cant find any. I want to try to start holding more sps and see what I can do in the way of breeding them. Long term project obviously.....but if they cross breed it would be sweet. Im trying to acclimate my corals to higher temperatures.....and they are doing well so far. Im keeping my tank at 79-80. Everything is in full bloom all day and doing well. Who knows.....if they continue to do well with the few degrees extra, they can breed into one that will do even better. Bought a green birdsnest....glow in the dark green.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I love you! Thank you!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

I had a colt relase gamets once it was cool,but there was no sperm..hahaha. Borneman documented every thing..Mabie i will be in the 3rd article..i did get some video and a few stills of it they are on photobucket if you wana check em out..

lmao..love is a strong word...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha well its a strong word when your talkin about coral sex....hahaha. Anyways, Im trying to go skimmerless......so theres no way the coral sperm and eggs can get skimmed. Now that I have two fish....my bio load has almost halfed. The other two fish were heavy eaters. Now I dont feed but once maybe twice. What do you do to encourage it?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

"What do you do to encourage it?" At this point its more like a phenomenon, Only mothernature can decide.certin times of the year this happens in the ocean..In my old tank i had tons of natural sunlight + the moon at night , i think it had alot to do with it. I am sure there where severel other factors but idk.

And if you want to get into sps i would recomend a skimmer, And as far as crossbreeding good luck !! propagating is probably the only way you are going to make babies..No sex involved sorry..lol

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005

Tons of reading on reproduction!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I guess this is why the solaris is so cool. Someone has to create a better light for cheeper that would simulate the seasons and cloud cover to the T. I cant pay a few grand for the solaris.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Jesus! Your the man! I appreciate it pimp!

Breeding corals

14 posts • Page 1 of 2