Breeding corals

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Pimp.....im not crazy about the flash....My fish are already kinda scared at times. They would freak the hell out with this thing. The cloud cover is cool and so is the sunrise and sunset...just not sure about the storm affect flash....know anyone thats used it?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

hahah, no ..but very intresting..imo.Most fish get jumpy when a sudden light turns on in the same room as the tank,(when all tank lights are off).in this case the lights are always on just random effects.Mabie when my boss gives me a raise..lmao..i could get one of these..i am also into every aspect of coral breeding/propagation.
they have some led lights that hook up to your computer , it calculates lunar cycles,Imo its one of the biggest factors, outside of temp,nutrients ect,

Did you see my video? haha it does suck but i guess you had to be there..

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Oh yea never a problem helping if i can :)

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Hey man i found a link on how to make your own......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbDL0st ... re=related

Actually its not hard......just time consuming...Thing is.....if you wired them in the right order, you could make a SICK setup. use maybe 300 LEDS over the aquarium and wire them in two groups of 50 and one group of 190, and one group of 10 for night time. Hook it up to three timers......probably cost 100-200 bucks for total project.......and a whole weekend of work. But it would be sick! Question is......would it be enough light?

Breeding corals

14 posts • Page 2 of 2