algae

16 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

mmisselr01

algae

by mmisselr01

Im having alot of algae problems and weird bubbles on the live rock and substrate how can i fix this I have had this problems for a while now and im about to just tip this tank over

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

what the load in the tank {how many and type of fish} how big is the tank, what kind of lights, how often -what and how much do you feed.........do you use RO water, skimmer? and what type of filtration........

this may seem like a lot of information requested but it will help us all give you ideas on what may be going on in there

DON'T tip the damn thing over .............lol.............I know exactly where you are man, I was ready to stab a midget in the eye with a dull pencil at one point with my tank and algae

we all go through it - - -give us some info and we'll give you some help

Snowboss

mmisselr01

by mmisselr01

Lol I use Ro only and everyweek i do a 3-4 gallon water change. I have only three fish two clowns a goby I feed them about every other day I have a protein skimmer and a powerhead I use phosaphate removing pads and carbon its only a 20 gallon tank once i can get rid of the alage i wanna get a bigger one but its not looking good at this point let me know if you need more info thanks

fihsboy

by fihsboy

how long has it been set up?

mmisselr01

by mmisselr01

Its been set up for 4 months maybe alittle bit longer

mmisselr01

by mmisselr01

this is what the alage looks like
e05b8-100B0820f.jpg

fihsboy

by fihsboy

theres your problem. Ive had mine up for 10 months....and the pictures look good. But I am in ANOTHER algae problem. There isnt really much you can do about it. my lfs actually discouraged me from running phosphate removal media....and im glad they did. Not only did it save me money, but it helps the cycle go faster. I dont run anything but a little bit of carbon. Mind you I do get algae blooms....but they have gotton noticably better the more my tank has matured.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha my friend that looks to be slime algae. just let it run its course. If you are already using what you say you are......theres nothing more you can do. nothing eats it........soo your going to have to ride it out. But you WILL get through it. I sold ALL my corals because it got soo bad in my tank. If you want to speed up the process of ridding it......get a turkey baster and spray your rocks .......or you could use a powerhead too. It will go away.

mmisselr01

by mmisselr01

Ok I hope it goes away soon my coral is starting to look like crap and not coming out as much as you can tell

mmisselr01

by mmisselr01

sweet thanks ill have to try the turkey baster or power head my buddy has a salt water tank i might just give him my corals to hold onto until this mess is cleaned up its horriable as much time and money i put into this damn thing and it looks like crap its very aggravating

algae

16 posts • Page 1 of 2