Devil's hand leather

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nicholas542

Devil's hand leather

by nicholas542

hey guys I was looking at getting a large leather to fill in the left side of my reef. I was thinking of getting a devil's hand leather I don't know much about them. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with them or any good ideas on a medium size soft coral to fill in a area.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

thay are knid of delicet but if put in slower curents and with good light awsome adition. anther one to look at is a finger leather or a spagetti lether come in realy nice colers and hardy. or a nepthea neon green realy nise show piece. here i go again lol there are alot out there. look into finger leathers if you git the chance.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Leathers need medium or high currents IMO. Light not as important as the current. The best when the leather coral surrended by the flow. Sorta' like he's in the middle. I think colt corals are one of the hardiest softies out there. They grow quite fast and can fill big empty spaces in the tank.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i think the devils hand is boring,i would get a green finger leather, colt,toadstool,kenya tree,they all grow fast and easy to propagate,and i agree with dickheaders, softies love a strong undirectional flow or alternating current.

swp

nicholas542

by nicholas542

yeah i got plenty of water flow. I did like the way the green napthea looked, or a ORA flouresent hairy toadstool looked

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i had a nepthea before it was the most amazing green when the 10ks where off,it almost looked like you could see thrugh it,like a goof i sold it , this was 5 years ago, to this date i have yet to find the exact color i had, also i just picked up a green tip toadstool..
981bf-100_0680.JPG

dick_headers

by dick_headers

This is my newest addition. A baby yellow toadstool. He grew about 0.5" in the first month.
fb363-toadbaby.jpg

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

isnt that a cute little bugger,..

nice polyop extension!!!!

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Thanx Pimp! I went up to Louisville,KY about a month ago, and I found this beauty there. I just couldn't resist, you know how's that... They have some nice stores up there.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

sweet!! i was in KY 3 weeks ago..no salt water stores near by though..and yes its hard to pass up little guys like that,can't beat the price,and 6 months down the road it will be ready to frag..hehe.. dude your tank is looking way to good ..
swp

Devil's hand leather

13 posts • Page 1 of 2