election day

17 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

election day

by Snowboss4492

GO OUT AND VOTE !!!!!

i honestly don't care who for, but please if you are old enough go out and vote, it does count and it is important

God Bless us all {or higher power} if you like that better

The Snowboss

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

DITTO !!!
Bless us all for sure !!!

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i voted on friday..... ha i actually feel like i didnt waste a day..... and i put the " i voted" sticker on my nametag haha

spraky1413

by spraky1413

My first presidential election and you bet I voted!

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

tick tock now we wait !!

gumbii

by gumbii

i voted at 6am...

and i can't believe prop 8 passed... that fucked up... now i can't marry webster or the boss.... fail...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

you'll always have a special place in my heart Gumbii...............lol

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Thoughts on Obama's speech? 11/4? Who voted McCain but thinks Obama can do a lot of good for us?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i voted McCain...........but support my president reguardless of who wins, i hope and pray he can get some thing through the congress, i don't like all this talk of starting to rally support an impeachment already because of some technicality of him not being a true citizen .............he's now the president and needs all of the countrys support to be the best president he can be .............i would have said the ver same thing if McCain had won

Boss

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I haven't heard anything about citizenship malarkey...people had a lot more than 2 years to dig something like that up..sounds a bit suspicious to me...

I'm already tired of hearing all the racial/gender sides...I'm sure there's plenty of sensible african americans who voted for McCain. Plenty of women who voted for Obama.

I was working when he delivered the speech on the 4th and finally got around to digging it up on youtube today. It was very uplifting.

My only thoughts are, as the first "black" president I'm sure he'll want to go down in the history books as one of the best we've seen in recent terms if not decades. He can sure talk the talk and I'm thinking his convictions will hold him to walk the walk. It was a very uplifting speech, and as best as I could read him (unless he's a narcissist like some of my family members claimed lol), he seemed completely earnest.

In the 3rd and last presedential debate, one of the key things he talked about was reform was in order to ''fix'' things, and that REALISTICALLY nobody on this big green earth can go beyond the natural order of things and fix the mess our country has gotten into in one year, 4 years, or possibly even 8.

Here's a terrible metaphor and I'm begging your forgiveness before I type it out...

It doesn't take long for your nephew to remove every toy from the toybox and toss them all over the livingroom in a matter of complete chaos. It's considerably more time consuming to round them all up, put them in the box in order so you can close the lid without smashing one.

Put these ''toys'' in terms of 8 years to completely turn our economy upside down, try to clean up another country, and in the process fall under scrutiny from the rest of the world and divide its own people, undergo a ticking time bomb of an energy crisis which is going on borrowed time, and think if anybody in Obamas shoes could possibly undo...or rather...fix all thats been damaged (some would argued handled as well as possible) in the past 8 years..possibly even a bit further back.

Just my two cents. =P

election day

17 posts • Page 1 of 2