election day

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i completely and whole heartedly agree !!!!! - - i've even taken it a step farther in conversations and maintain that it took 200 years to get us where we are today, we can't expect one president reguardless of party to fix it in one or two terms.

as an Independent/conservative i am pleased to here that he is tring to set up a cabinet that runs more towards the center of the isle than heavy left - -so as you've stated, i think and hope he can move things forward in a posative direction - -our responsabilty is to make sure when this momentum starts to have local government and state government in place to keep it moving in that direction

very refreshing perspective TM, thankyou

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im tired of everyone pointing the finger at Bush for this economy mess.....If you want to point a finger point it at Bill Clinton and George Bush. Not just Bush. What we are in right now is not because of greedy bankers......its due to Bill Clinton and his Congress while he was in his two terms. If you look back....some of the (extreme) liberals proposed that we open up credit for everyone at any cost as an equal oppurtunity to every citizen. Okay well thats great........but it had a huge effect, and we are feeling it right now. Our housing market SUCKS beacause no one can afford a house or there mortgages at that. Well.....what happened.....citizens like you and me got in over there heads. WE as americans have spent ourself into a whole. Credit was lended to people that did not qualify....and I can vouch for this. I have 10000 bucks available to me in credit right now......IM 19 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!! I dont need 10000 dollars for ANYTHING. I have a car payment already. But I dont blame Clinton completly.........this has been an issue for almost 12 years. I blame President Bush for not doing anything about it. The act that was passed in.........either 93 or 94 was a F@#$ up. It should have been fixed by now.....and it hasnt. Im tired of everyone beeing racist...both white and black people. I voted McCain.......BUT I support Obama completly. He is my President and this is MY country, I will defend her and die for her as long as my family is free. I just want everyone to stop this hatred......its just tearing our country apart. Someone has to be the bigger person and stop it. So let it be the reef community. :) haha. We will start a new revolution. I agree with you guys. We need to stop falling backward.........catch our balance...and start going forward again. I didn't vote for Barack Obama........but I support him as my president 100%.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

by the way if you want to read a decent article on why our credit sucks right now....here you go. :)

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine ... unch.thtml

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

I could not agree with you all more on most but I do have a small trusting issue with Obama I hope to be proved wrong. I voted McCain . The sudden divide of color is huge this week. cant we be one in the same american? He is 55 % white raised by whites. I heard so many things....is it true he wont put his hand over his heart and recite the pledge at all. I am sure President Bush will enlighting him over dinner this Monday on many things we dont even know about.
God Bless America

spraky1413

by spraky1413

I voted McCain. While I'm skeptical of Obama, I hope with all of my heart that he makes the right decisions and has the morals to stand up for what is right. What our country is in cannot be fixed overnight. I personally feel that we are just in the beginning of this financial crisis. Even with oil back down from its record highs and gas prices back down, our local economy (Lane county, Oregon) is suffering immensley. We've lost 5k+ jobs in the last year and I feel that it's only going to get worse. Our business taxes are so high, that businesses are leaving oregon for other states. Our timber/logging industry is in jeopardy. People aren't building, so lumber isn't being purchased. We just had a huge mill shut down. If the timber/logging industry in Oregon goes, we're in huge trouble. Raising taxes on businesses will only make it worse. our local companies are already struggling to make ends meet. If the taxes are raised along with minimum wage (7.95/hr currently), we'll just have either more layoffs or businesses will shut down permanently. God help us all.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

damn dude our minimum wage is a dollar less here.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

yeah I voted but they anounced who won the presidential election two hours before Washington State polls where even closed that's not right.

election day

17 posts • Page 2 of 2