chemical timing

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

chemical timing

by blueshoes2208

ok so its going on about a week and half and the shrimp is gone, well what i can see of it, it had a bubble of whatever but i got a coat hanger and stirred it all up and now i dont see the remains of it, since it is gone will my levels still spike like theyre supposed to?

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Yeah cause the waste is still in the tank. Nothing like a skimmer or filter in there to remove it.
Test your water for me and let me no what it reads. If finished cycling which after a week and a half should not be but
Ammonia should be 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate slowly rising
PH (8ish)
If testing daily you should see the ammonia go up a few rungs, then come down. Then nitrite will go up in a similar fashion. Once they have both spiked and returned to 0 then nitrates will start occurring....If not finished cycling
POP ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE (TANK)

schigara

by schigara

Have you bought the test kits we talked about in the previous post? I don't hear you mentioning any readings from any test kit.

schigara

by schigara

Like I said before, you have a small amount of live rock so you probably won't see a conventional/hard cycle as the live rock may negate some or all of the cycle. You may not see a "spike".

schigara

by schigara

You haven't mentioned a damn thing about any test measurement yet and this is just the main cycle before any livestock. You should at least, have some numbers for ammonia.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i have tested twice with the last test being on the 24th. so its been a while. ok so i have posted some of my results... aparently not everyone reads everything so like i said before i will need a buffer to get raise my ph because my last read was 7.8, ammonia went from .5 to .6 but i havent checked a while, nitrate remained at 15 and i detected 0 nitrites... im doing a water test at the moment so further readings will be added..... and fyi, i havent checked the parameters in a while because i am not worried about getting fish any time soon...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

use part 1 and part 2 it will keep your ph at the right amount and your alkalinity and your calcium......that stuff is fool proof. Thats why I use it. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok LATESET TEST RESULTS - 10/2
Salinity 1.023
PH: 7.9
Ammonia .5
Nitrate: 20
Nitrite: 0
Temp: 80.7 f

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Your getting there. What about calcium? and alkalinity or KH(carbonate Hardness) ? Thats where the 2 part comes in. It will keep your ph calcium and your water nice and alkaline. :) then you would be ready for stuff! as long as your nitrates and ammonia stay down. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

dont have those test kits :/

chemical timing

12 posts • Page 1 of 2