yellow tang or flame angel????

17 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jav36

by jav36

alright so ive had my 30 gallon mixed reef for around 4 months now and i really want to add some more color by adding a new fish. im thinking of getting either a flame angel or yellow tang ( i know that i can't keep the tang too long due to swimming room). i havent had good luck with these fish in the past and im pretty sure it was because of my mean purple pseudochromis. if anyone has had expirience with either fish please help me out

thanks

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

had both purple seudos and yellow tang together .. the tang should be fine a small one .. feed him a proper nutrition and he should live a long time . i would take my tang back to the pet store every 6 months and trade for a smaller one. never owned a flame they look cool ...

jav36

by jav36

thanks for the reply saltwaterpimp

just another quick question.. ive tried two small yellow tangs in the past which both died within a week..the first tangs body didnt look really beat up but the second one i found with both his eyes slightly puffed out one night and then the next morning i found him dead with no eyes

any ideas of what killed them? my water tested fine so i have no idea what did it and should i bother trying another one or will it die?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

what are you feeding him?? how much live rock do you have could be biological ?? keep a eye on the psedo if he beats the tang up or forces the tang in to hiding you might want to add 1 or 2 chromis so the psedo is not set on 1 fish but 2 or 3 . as far as the eyes go if you have snails or crabs star fish copeods ect. are your lights on a timer speratic changes in lights will strees fish out 2.

jav36

by jav36

im feeding a meaty frozen food to my clowns, six line,and psedo and when my tang was alive i gave him a veggie clip and veggie frozen food. I have 30-35 lbs of live rock. i never really saw the psedo pick on the tangs specifically but he beats on my clowns and sixline so when i tried to find why the tangs died that was the only thing i could think of. i dont have a timer for my light so my lights arent really on at the same time everyday (sometimes 7am-6pm and sometimes 12pm-9pm). and i have my pair of clowns that are always swimming around and have some inverts to keep the psedo eyes busy.

if worst comes to worst ill just get rid of the psedo and exchange it for a tang

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

put timers on your tank !!!! good luck catching the psedo!! if the sun came up at diffrent times of the day you would be in a state of confusion your eyes would probably pop out after a while lol haha just joking but realy hook up some timers .

jav36

by jav36

ok any idea what times i should set it to?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

fill out your profile and take some pics .

jav36

by jav36

i know im probably gonna take some and put them on tonight

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

when do you spend the most time with your tank???

17 posts • Page 1 of 2