yellow tang or flame angel????

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

usualy 9 to 12 hrs

jav36

by jav36

ok thanks

amkelly

by amkelly

ok... well... heres where we start... no tang should be in a tank smaller than 80 gallons, no matter the size. im sorry its not what you want to hear but its the truth. a dwarf angel would be fine, but the tang is certainly out of the question

jav36

by jav36

yeah i knew the tang was gonna be a tight squeeze but as for the flme angel....i had one right after i cycled my tank and i found it practically dead with white skin hanging from its body and white fins a few days later? any ideas on the cause of his death?

jav36

by jav36

how bout a foxface?

tangerine

by tangerine

most angels do better in a mature tank. mature,meaning a tank that have been set up and is stable for more than 6 mths.

from experience,angels usually don't start feeding on prepared food on introduction to the tank. they will graze at the microfauna that are present in a mature tank during that period to sustain itself. new tanks will not be able to provide it that enviorment.

my Flame angel took about two weeks before it started feeding on pellets and mysis.

foxface do get rather big too.

jav36

by jav36

thanks tangerine
im definitley getting a flame angel in a month or so because by then my tank will be 6 months old.
if i got either a small foxface or small yellow tang for my tank which do u think would do better?
i know i couldnt keep it for more than a year but my LFS allows exchanges so every year or so i could switch for a new one.

yellow tang or flame angel????

17 posts • Page 2 of 2