Nassarious snails gone

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

Nassarious snails gone

by Snowboss4492

I had about 15 Nassarious snails in my tank for about 5 months, they were very clean looking and would levitate out of the sand as soon as food hit the water..................my question is, do they have a short life span?? i don't see em anymore and i can see a few of their empty shells around..................my crabs never bothered them nor the clowns, but i have a serious amount of copepods now and i even stired up a bristle worm of some sort a week or so ago.............will they eat the snails???????? or do they only live a few months and then die off?????

thanks,

Snowboss

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Sounds like you have a mantis shrimp or something eating them. Are their shells chipped or cracked?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

no mantis shrimp in there - - unless he's whodini - - but no the shells are perfect

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i have had mine for years with no problems.. other then my pepermint shrimp and blue leg hermits would kill them.. i dont know if bristle worms will eat them or not.

schigara

by schigara

Snails are expendable. If the nutrients and algae get low enough, some of them will parish.

They are a tool, not pets like the fish and coral we keep.

gumbii

by gumbii

i love my nassarius snails... i make sure that they eat a shrimp pellet or a piece of silverside every other day...

lightsluvr

by lightsluvr

Got any large hermit crabs in there?

Hermit crabs love sushi...

LL

Nassarious snails gone

7 posts