What's the smallest , cutest, cat fish avaliable?

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm thinking of a small cat fish and want one that will stay under 6 inches. I want it to be an addition to other fish I have in this planted 35 gallon long, so something friendly.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I checked my favorite freshwater online web sites: LIve AQuaria & azgardens.

at azgardens, the smallest fish they have is the Black Diamond Cory Cat for $2.99, best kept in a group of 12, that grow to an adult size of 1'

LIve Aquaria: Panda Corydoras, each at $4.99, adult size: 2", peaceful community, best kept in a group of 4-6

and the one other one at Live Aquaria is the Adolfo's corydoras, each at $19.99; adult size: 2", peaceful community, best kept in a group of 4-6

so it looks like possibly the Black Diamond corycat

check out: Live Aquaria & azgardens (I get all my fish online (except for my first 2 zebra danios as starter fish several weeks ago)

hope this helps

gumbii

by gumbii

SYNODONTIS PETRICOLA!!!!!!...

that is my favorite small catfish... they max out at 4"...

i've been wanting to get some but all i see are synodontis multipictactus... weak...

why don't you get a bristlenose pleco, or a golden nugget... those are both tiny pleco's...

or if you want to spend some cash on a baller ass catfish, get a zebra pleco... i had those back in the day...

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

My favorite is the peppered cory (Corydoras paleatus). I have 2 and they hang out together like the double-mint twins scurrying around, sweeping the bottom of the tank. I think they have maxed out in size, as I have had them for 3 years. They are about 2-1/2 inches long and their underside of belly is around 1 inch wide and fat. They are the most peaceful fish in my tank, and no other fish has ever picked on them.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I love my Corydoras. I have False Julii and Panda. Panda are sensitive and can die easier than some others. The False Julii (often just called Julii) are really striking in my tank. There is a picture of them in my profile. When really happy they have an iridescent sheen and an iridescent green spot that flickers near their gills. They are super friendly and much more fun than a typical catfish. They are active, always moving, they love to school and have funny schooling behavior, and they are all over the place, especially since they surface for air. I have 5 in a 37 gallon tank with 4 Platy, 1 Red-Tail Black Shark, and 1 Paradise Fish.

Zambize

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

PK somehow i got 1 random mosquito fish in my tank......random straggler that accidentally got scooped into a bag with spme of my shrimp when he was just a tiny little fry any seems to be full grown now about 3 in i like him was thinking of getting a few more and i know you have some was just wantin to know what you think of these guys......sorry to get off subject

gumbii

by gumbii

i have a grip too... they're pretty cool... they aren't violent with anyone else, but i hear they are fin nippers...

they are free at my local vector control... ever since the west nile thing... i have hundreds of them in my ponds...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Thanksfor all the great info guys. The Coridoras look nice to me.

As for mosquito fish, theyre pretty fun. Get a female and if she's seen a male within some time in the past she'll constantly be pregnant. They'll eat their young, so I have a birthing cage that I have 3 huge mosquito fish I pulled out of the pond I put them in 3 months ago, and I have about 80 fry now therabouts. This is a panted 20 gallon with nothing else in it but some Malaysian trumpet snails so I expect at least 300 fry within a few days.

The females have a regular anal fin and shows a black spot behind the abdomen when pregnant. The males have an anal fin that looks like a dragging stick. Sexing them is really easy. One other thing is that the females can store sperm for up to 12 broods or about.

They're so teenie tiny and cute!

ZooTycoonMaster5393

by ZooTycoonMaster5393

11 posts • Page 1 of 2