Questions? Check our Forums
Latest topic : NO NEED TO WATER CHANGE EVER AGAIN

ForumsFreshwater / Planted Tank Discussion • White film on top of the water

White film on top of the water

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.
6 posts • Page 1 of 3123

White film on top of the water

Postby janus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Please can anyone tell me what is the white film on top of the water. New set up second day, no fish in it yet. The water is crystal clean only the top is white.
Please???

Thank you guys for the fast replys the white film is nearly gone now. I changed 10% of the water and I did turn my airstone full blast. I think I know what caused it! I did put a tablet in the water after set up with good bacteria in it. It says on the box of it to turn the airstone full blast for the next 24 hours but I didn't. Now I did.
It looks ok now. Thank you again you are the best! Your replys really made me think !
Last edited by janus on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

janus

Postby snowboss » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:35 pm

janus - -not a fresh water guy -but i would ask you to post more info on the water - -is it tap water? is it well water, RO water, city water? etc etc - -could just be junk in there floating to the top - - could be coming from your substrate, new filters, dirty hands, lots of places - -post more info if you can and I'd watch it for a couple days - - my salt water tank was cloudy for 3-5 days when I first set it up - -then the filters "broke in" and some of the paint and stuff came off of a plastic decoration - i still have a "film" on the top of the water but Im adding a protien skimmer in the next couple days {salt water toys} -from there it has been pretty clean except for the normal algae blooms during the cyle [but thats another whole ballgame} lol welcome !!!!

snowboss

6 posts • Page 1 of 3123

Return to Freshwater / Planted Tank Discussion