2 issues need help with.

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

i dont know if anyone said this yet but i had trouble with cranobacteria which im almost sure that what you have. ADD MORE FLOW i had to little flow in my tank so i added a korilla and than it went away alittle and then added another went away completely... if its not flow it may be over feeding.

as for a mandrine i have one i waited 6 months before i added on my girlfriend was bugging me so bad that i almost killed her. they also like alot of rock word that they can weave in and out of all day. I have this nice piece of rock work that goes all the way to the top of my tank and cups at the top and it loves sleeping in it at night like its a bed i always wake it up when i turn on the lights in the morning its kinda funny.

eazy4647

by eazy4647

well as much as it sucked..i returned the mandarin...he was lookin sluggish...and i didnt want to risk loosin the lil guys life over me being hard headed..ill just wait till my tank is super established. lol but great news my lights look gr8! nova xtremes. real nice. so now i can focus on some corals to bring some color to my tank. wassup with u guys tho. any updates?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

much respect to ya Easy...................sorry you had to take the lil fella back ....I have been in love with Manderan since before i added salt to my water and I have to fight myself to not buy one .............i hope to put some real tall tonga branch live rock in the big tank one day and then get a couple manderans do a youtube search on them .....they have some incredable footage of them in their natural habitat....then you'll see what they need for a tank environment ,,,,,,,,,,i'd rate them right up there with hard corals and the like as far as care needed ...................

cool on the lights.........ive been watchin Gumbii post about some DIY halides................I'll wait a bit and maybe learn from any mistakes he might make {hehehehe} and then try some for my tanks................Later bud, Boss

schigara

by schigara

There's one vid I saw on youtube of a mated pair of Mandarins doing their mating dance. Very very cool to see! I wish I could find the link to it.

SPS corals are easier to keep, I think. Easier to feed anyways. Just some intense light and fish poop keeps them fed nicely.

The two best Marine Stores I have been to happen to be here in Memphis and they will throw a ton a questions at you when you inquire about difficult to keep fish, corals and inverts and will make proper suggestions of any changes needed to the system or will actually refuse to sell certain livestock to people with inadequate systems. They are very highly respected and ultimately do more business than the other 2 marine stores that will sell anything to anyone.

They know if they help someone to keep a healthy tank with minimal losses and teach them how to keep a nuisance algae free tank, their customers will have an enjoyable experience and will stay in the hobby rather than giving up in a year or so.
Last edited by schigara on Sun May 18, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Amen Schigara,
I wish all LFS would be like those 2. Unfortunately I haven't found one yet...
Very good post...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

I second DH ........a good LFS is exteamly hard to find.....for those of you with good ones....be thankful .............i'm 3 sh*tholes for 3 in my area

eazy4647

by eazy4647

now that u bring it up...wat about zoathus poly colony frm divers den live aquaria..they shouldnt be too hard right?

2 issues need help with.

17 posts • Page 2 of 2