Job Hunt

30 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

When-I-was-young-and-lived-in-NY-I-had-water-dragons.....I-had-them-in-a-6-foot-long-cage-with-a-glass-front-I-origonally-built-so-my-parakeets-could-fly-back-and-forth-and-get-excercise.....Unfortunatly,-there-were-too-many-drafts-and-I-think-the-air-was-too-dry-to-keep-the-water-dragons-and-they-stopped-eating-and-died......The-petstore-ran-out-of-crickets-for-a-few-weeks-and-all-I-had-to-feed-them-were-meal-worms......That-may-have-been-the-main-reason-they-died,-but-when-keeping-reptiles-in-NY-I-suggest-a-tank-where-the-humidity-and-drafts-can-be-controled.

I-used-to-go-swimming-in-the-gorges-in-Ithaca-and-we-used-to-lie-out-on-these-big-flat-rocks-and-enjoy-the-sun,-the-ganga-and-usually-some-beer.....There-were-these-huge-fat-water-snakes-that-were-all-over-the-place...They-could-get-really-aggressive-and-curl-up-and-strike-if-spooked....I'm-pretty-sure-they-were-water-moccasins-as-they-had-the-wide-diomond-shaped-heads-where-venomn-sacs-would-be.....I-never-got-bit,-but-one-tme-I-had-a-girlfriend-and-we-were-on-the-flat-rocks-sunbathing-and-there-was-a-whole-bunch-all-wrapped-up-in-a-bush-a-few-feet-away......We-left-them-alone-and-they-left-us-alone....

I-also-remember-when-I-was-in-Hawaii-as-a-kid-snorkeling-on-a-coral-reef,and-a,striped-coral-snake-started-swimming-toward-me......I-never-swam-so-fast-in-my-life!!!.....I-had-fins-on-and-paddled-my-way-right-up-onto-the-sand-like-a-freak-on-speed.....It-scaired-the-crap-out-of-me.....

Boss......You've-never-picked-up-garter-snakes-before?......They're-harmless-but-for-the-piss-if-they-are-scaird.....I-used-to-put-them-in-my-pockets.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

see thats just wrong............i only keep one snake in my pants..................well one grub worm LMAO......................omg ...............no way would i put a snake in my pocket..............they don't bother me if i know their there ............i remember mowing my lawn out in Kansas for the fist time with my new riding mower and scareing up a small rattler......right out into the road i drove....thank god there wasn't any cars or trucks coming or i wouldn't be here to tell the story.....lol .........on another occasion we all went to a haunted house one holloween and on the long walk out of this place down a huge corridor with a light at the end ..........we get almost to the end and someone drops a rubber snake around my neck........as embarssed as I am to admit it....i knocked two little kids down as i ran right through the group in front of us to get out................it was funny as hell but i felt really bad about the kids ..................i bought them ice creams with their parents permission of course for knocking em down

I DON'T DO SNAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss

spraky1413

by spraky1413

haha I used to catch snakes at my grandma's house during the summer. Actually, just found a footlong gardner snake out by our birdbath about 1/2 hour ago, cute lil bugger

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Snakes rock. I use to be afraid to handle them before i got bit. once that happened i realized there was nothing to be afraid of, it doesnt even hurt that much its just surprising more than anything.

spraky1413

by spraky1413

The first time i was bitten by a snake was (of course) catching them at my grandmas house. I caught a little baby gardner snake (maybe 2 inches max). iIwas cupping it in my palm when it bit me right in the middle. It didn't even hurt, kinda felt like velvet.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

In my case it was a 7-ish foot macalot (sp?) python that was old and angry...I was trying to put him back in his cage and he really didnt want to go...it was sort of like smack on the hand and a little pinch at the same time...but somehow the sound it made was really loud like smacking a counter top with your palm...dont know why exactly.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I'm more of an animal person than anyone I've ever met, but, and this is a secret, I can't *stand* snakes. I can't even look at one on TV. It's the only animal I've ever harmed. One was crossing the road toward my friend's horses so I got out of the car and shot the little spawn of Satan. It was a great shot, too. It entered at the base of the head and traveled down the body filleting it open as it went. I even appreciate the possum in my yard because they eat snakes.....let's hear it for possum!

Zambize

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

lol, i love opossums too they're so cute especially when they're little. Once my dad told me to take one he'd caught and take it farrrr away from the farm and let it go but i basically just brough it to the end of the driveway and let it go there and fed it. They're so cute with their little grabby paws...only thing cuter are baby raccoon paws.

gumbii

by gumbii

i love snakes... LOVE!!!... i have over 30 snakes in my house right now... 15 of them are venomous... i also have about 70 eggs incubating in the incubator...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Great-Snakes!.....Said-Tintin.

Job Hunt

30 posts • Page 2 of 3