how much time?

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

by schigara

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

a couple regular table shrimp would do the trick too....yep the ones we eat from the grocery store.

keep in mind that you really are starting a new tank...the ten gallons of "cured" water you have is a benifiet ......but really not much more than a regular maintinence water change.....you know?

good luck ...Boss

schigara

by schigara

deleted
Last edited by schigara on Sun May 11, 2008 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

will this saprolegnia ....cause extreamly cloudy water issues ? and does it subside and then come back in a few weeks ?

your exactly right ...i adopted the shrimp cycleing from a wikipedia article ....and although it seemed to work i was useing already cycled substrate and filter media....so ....i should retract my statement above as I am not an expert aquarist {lol nor can i spell}

Boss

schigara

by schigara

Sorry, I had to delete my previous post. It was a quote that only applied to freshwater.

I am no expert either so I had to delete the previous post and retract as well. Apparently decaying shrimp in a SW environment has no negative side effects.

My bad.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

thank you for you honesty Schigara....................

but as someone who has tried it......it is a mess......does it work? can't say......i guess it really can't be much different than "ghost feeding" which was the industry standard in the 80's {so I'm told}

many interesting processes out there .... My expierience after a very rough start to the point of a complete tank failure and restart....is let nature do it's thing ......after all, our final goal fresh or salt is to look and be as close to a natural environment as we can.............no?

good post

Boss

how much time?

16 posts • Page 2 of 2