my tank sprung a major leak

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

boss,
if i didn't just have shoulder surgery a year ago i would be more than willin to come up and toss some bales with ya, am good for about 1 thousand but after that am done for about a week, then i am good for some serious fishin LOL cause a pole and a beer will be about all i will be able to lift. LOL
Brandon

snowboss

by snowboss

lol...i got a nice pontoon and a couple nice coolers bud....bring it on !!!!!

we only do 4-6 loads a day when the weather is right so thats about 360 to 720 bales a day.......not bad ......mow the day before ...my uncle rakes it on his lunch break and then we bale it up haul it home and unload it after work...we're usually done by 7 pm .... we usually go up into the hay mow on a saturday morning when it cool and stack it all up then continue on ..........so beers and fishin is all good...lol

Boss

PS I got a couple boats for sale if ya know anyone looking...hehe

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

MARTINUTZ. Are you sure it's your tank that sprung a leak and not the Magnum filter? If my power goes off my Magnum will drain my tank in no time. My Magnum doesn't seal very well and sucks air in around the top when it's running causing bubbles to come out of the outlet, but if it's turned off water pours all over the place.

MARTINUTZ5646

by MARTINUTZ5646

'Peterkarig' im sure its not the filter...... what you said has actually happened to me... but i have learned to master it...... its the tank i took it outside and saw the place the silicon lifted... im just getting a new one...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

If I were you I'd just seal it with silicone. It's very easy to do. There's really no sense in spending $60 or more when you can fix it so easily with silicone. If you can lift up the flap why not use a razor and remove whatever you can on the inside and put down a new bead of silicone. A tube is only like $8. You'd be sealing it with the same thing aquarium makers use, and the stuff sticks to glass very well. It's actually easier than caulking a bathtub or sink. You could do it with your eyes closed.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if he shipping isn't crazy...I'll buy the old one from you if it doesn't already have a home .....

make me a deal man ....lol ..Boss

martinutz

by martinutz

i got another 1 for 40dlrs. i'm going to re-seal the busted one and sell it....

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Nice thing about new ones is there's no scratches. That's something that can't be fixed.

my tank sprung a major leak

18 posts • Page 2 of 2