dam test kits

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

dam test kits

by Snowboss4492

ok ...been cycleing the new live rock for 4 days now....I tested 2 nights ago and got resonably high Nitrate {40 ppm} with an API liquid drop test kit ....age unknown..........

so tonight i did another test with the API kit and got the same high Nitrate....so on a wim i tested the nitrate with my new instant ocean powder test kit and got 10 ppm.......so now what?? is the live rock ready to go in the tank? which test kit do i believe?

note; all the other paramteters are perfect and read the same on both kits......PH on the liquid reads 8.2 and 8.3 with the powder kit.....nitrite 0 on both....amonia 0 on both

Snowboss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

The powder kit will give better results imo.wait a few more days and test again...

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

BOSS whats up dude!!! Tanks looking better....I'm gonna be in the same boat soon cycling LR. Did you do it in a tank or pale of some sort? I just got back from PR. My setup still looks so basic...Can't get in a rythm over here

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Welcome back FR been a while eh?

I bought a heater, 5 gallon tub with a tight lid, 3 pack of air stones and a dual output airpump from walmart.....had an extra powerhead..........put the live rock in the tub and covered it with water ......worked out to be about 4 gallons ....and just let it go ...........every other day I'm doing 50% water change after testing......but the rock is beautiful........no smell , no die off to speak of ...lots of green and it looks like i got a few sponges and a mushroom or two as well {bonus !!}

it's 22 lbs of Fiji Premium.....i orderd it from Petsolutions.com .....came to about 70 bucks ....but i ordered a 50 gallon bag of Kent marine salt and a korilia nano propeller powerhead as well....all cam to 139.00 and i had it in 2 days.............................Snowboss

dam test kits

4 posts