Internet Fish

6 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

elscion111

Internet Fish

by elscion111

Has anyone ever ordered fish from Liveaquaria.com or any other website???? did it work out ok???

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

miami754

by miami754

I have never bought fish online, but on another forum that I frequent quite often, they recommend liveaquaria.com and thatfishplace.com as well as aquabid.com as long as the seller has a good history. Check these out. Like I said - I cannot personally vouch for these places, but the people on the forum said they had bought through these places and were very satisfied.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

elscion,

I am the the snowboss and if it can go wrong it will go wrong on me.......LOL that being said...........

if you havn't read the link spongebob posted above please do so........if you have, you know the expierience i had with Liveaquaria . . . . .PLEASE ....keep in mind that all of the trouble I had was because of the shipping - - -they take great care in packaging their livestock and they called me to tell me there was a problem with the shipping company.........on top of the 1 1/2 day delay the idiot shipping company left the box on the front porch, didn't ring the door bell or knock on the door {and the instructions said to do so} and the fish were on the porch after being in shippment for 72 hours, box upside down i might add and it was 38 degrees out there ........................................of the 2 clows and 15 snails i had ordered i lost one clown and a couple snails............Liveaquaria reshipped the complete order at no charge so now I have 3 very healthy happy clowns a a few snails {um hermit crabs think their food, oopps}

So I definately will order from them again and with confidence - - only thing i would suggest is there descriptions tend to be "off" a little - - I ordered 3/4 inch clowns and I got 1 1/2 clowns lol there products are better than described - - i ordered a small blennie and got a 4 1/2 inch fish .....to big and i lost him because i couldn't feed hiim enough - - -so becareful, always use the adult size theory when buying - - but as i said they were great to deal with and very supportive

I've ardered food and supplies from petsolutions.com and they were great too, i will order fish from them some day as well, Boss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

NOTE: on the secong shipment the box left Live aquaria at 3:34 pm in califonia and was on my {friggin porch again, lol} at 4 pm the next day in NY state ....so 24 1/2 hrs across the country is pretty impressive to me...............Boss

elscion111

by elscion111

thank you sooooo much for your help :)

Internet Fish

6 posts