Lone tilapia w eggs in mouth. Does she need male to fert?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

OK. So is there money in breeding? What if I could breed 3 or 4 pair of different cichlids and have say a hundred inch long fry from each mating pair. How much will an aquarium store or Petco buy them for? Maybe online? What do you get out of breeding cichlids Gumbii? Are you saying $5.00 a fish?

gumbii

by gumbii

like... i have a friend that breeds discus, angels, and bolivian rams... he sells them for a buck if you take more than 30... well the angels and rams... not the discus...

his place is huge... that's all he does is breeds and drives a nice new car...

look... there is money in alot of fish breeding... i do sell cyptoptmas cichlidae sometimes... pair only, and i give them for 250 bucks a pair... but only if i'm hurting for money... but usually i spread them around other aquaria conserving people and biological studie programs...

i don't think petco's can buy the fish... some small petshops might get them, but thier distributor might tell them something and start giving them outrages prices... i would sell them in cichlid-forum.com or www.recycler.com... alot of people sell like flowerhorns and other horrible cichlid hybrids...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

This friend only sells fish? Does he have a web site or anything. I'd like to know more about the potential to make money off this. If I made $5 a fish for a desirable kind of fish that would be $500 for 100. I'd probably need to work at getting customers and I'd have to keep them supplied of the kind of fish I bred so they could count on always having a supply.

I wouldn't mind breeding Diskus! I had a pair that laid eggs every few weeks, but they always eventually ate them. I bet you could make like $20 a fish for some kinds.

gumbii

by gumbii

i think he gives the discus babys for 5+...

do you know of garvey fish in el monte... it's right around the corner... well... you should see his facility... there's like a hundred tanks all connected to one huge filtration system... it's awesome... i think he lives there too... i saw a bed and a huge mess...

i'll see if i find it online...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I don't drive down there very often. I used to take my son down to the train yard to watch freights, but that's about it. I hate getting stuck in traffic.

Lone tilapia w eggs in mouth. Does she need male to fert?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2