sand

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

just make sure that you don't have alot of sand... there's like a certain level of sand that you should use... or else it will go EVERYWHERE!!!!...

i was planning some UGJ for my 180g tank... but i wanted it to be fed from my wet/dry filter... but the problem i kept getting was that incase my pump fails all of my water was going to drain... so i planned a small spray bar on top of the tank before the pipes go straight to the bottom...

OMG i think i'm going to put UGJ on my reef tank i'm going to setup in my living room... thanks snowboss... i just read your post... i was planning on getting 4 powerheads for the tank, but instead i'll get two and a huge ocean runner pump for 6 UGJs...

PHILLIP978

by PHILLIP978

i will make one instead of buy one so i no that i made it and thats the fun of keeping my fish tanks i think they are kool but you might not need it but it is cool to watch your fish swim against them

gumbii

by gumbii

i did a little half-assed write up at the other forum...

if you aren't a member, feel free to sign up and start whoring it up, or lurking it up like 50% of the members on there... lol...

http://celticwraithaquarium.forummotion ... m-t159.htm

those are my pictures and yes those are my real fingernails...

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Nice setup gumbii. Is that real slate for your b ackground or is it styrofoam? Just wondering because that filter looks perfect! I used the same playsand in my 29g fw, does it seem to mess up the filter at all in your setup? Also how do those jets do with that fine sand does it blow it around alot?

Just wondering because my new whisper filter has been actin up so I took out the propeller the other day and noticed the magnet was cracked. I'm gonna say it's because I had the intake tube too low and got sand in it. So I took out a part of the intake tube and made it higher up and it has seemed to be workin fine (so far).

My play sand gets pretty shitty after a while (literally) so I was thinking of making one of these underground jet systems. Although I would end up putting it in my 55 gallon when I get it instead of taking my whole 29g apart and finding places to store the fish while its in maintanence. Anyways I've been babbling for a while now so I guess it's time to go lol.

PS: What in the world do you use that fingernail for?

gumbii

by gumbii

yeah i cut the intake tube as much as i could... i even cut the U-bent intake pipe so the midwater strainer is higher to the survace... and from there it's only held by a small part of the mid pipe to the main strainer... you get what i'm saying...???

yes that is real slate on my back-ground... i had to crack some of it up to make it fit with the center glass brace... but it's pretty simple really... just slate and silicone... pretty simple really... but it's gorgeous now with all of the algae growing on it...

and as for the fingernails... LOL... i let all of my fingernails grow long and pointy... then i paint them black sometimes... lol...

i would highly recomend a UGJ setup with sand... my sand is always spottless... ALWAYS!!!... just remember to have 100-150gph per jet...

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i love the UGJ system i built for mine......up and running for about a month now..... kinda funny when one of my shrimp walks across one of the jets.....its like a carnival ride for them...

sand

16 posts • Page 2 of 2