RO water

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

eazy4647

by eazy4647

yea das the onlyyyy reason i mighttt need a ro cuz when i do the top off i use tap water..after i condition it ofcourse. but everyone braggin about the ro. so i dont know :( it would sucks to buy a ro just for freaking top offs :(

eazy.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yeah i hear that.........................thats why i made this post, I can't believe everybody has their own water plant in the basement, lol they gotta be buying it somewhere......i think im going to call culligan next week and see if thet have it ...might be able to have those 5 gallon water cooler bottles delivered right to the house ...who knows

eazy4647

by eazy4647

man dat be a great idea lol. imma look around also ill keep u posted if i find anything boss.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

good deal man thanks

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

FOUND IT !!!!!! of all places wal-mart,lol - -

look in the water section and they will have 1 gallon jugs of their "Value" brand there - -blue label and green label "sodium free" the blue is filtered with UV and micron filters and the green label is filtered by RO - - 66 cents a gallon - -hope this stuff works, doing a water change tomorrow ....good luck to us all, Snowboss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

thanks for the tip Delta !!!!!!

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Boss,
I am very glad about your decision. Why don't you do a 10 percent water change 3 times next week. One on Mon. the 2nd on Thur. and the 3rd on Sunday. I guarantee you'll see some changes in your water quality.
You should ask at your Walmart, where can you find the water machine. Almost every Walmart has it, for about 0.35/G. You can buy those 5 G plastic jars with handles. It is very convenient.
Guys,
RO water is awesome. The water goes through approx.5 different filtration, including carbon, uv, etc...Great water solution. You never have to deal with Prime anymore. No matter where you live, or how good is your tap water, it'll always have a tiny amount of nitrate, phosphate, even ammonia. The levels are very low of course, but they'll gain up with time. Even if you only deal with FO or FOWLR tanks, the differents are terrific. Fishes will be much much more disease resistant, the accimlation time will be shorter, they appetite will be better, and they'll accept food they might never did before..
Water is suppose to be the first thing we all should put under serious consideration, when set up a marine aquarium. doesn't matter what kind of light system or protein skimmer you have if your watere quality is poor.
I switch to RO after 3 years, and I'd never ever put any tap water into my tank again. Most of my algae problems were gone, and I never had to deal with fish diseases of any kind anymore period.
On the other side I never bought any RO unit. I still go down the Wally and buy it in the jar. Make me exercise a bit, and I know it's water change time... IDK.. I still get excited when I do my water changes.. The best hobby of all times..
Be lucky Boss, I know it'll wotk out for ya'.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

very good DK, I have a 15 % change mixing right now for tomorow, I will set up another 10% change for Wedensday and get back to Wally world and buy a lot more RO and just have it on hand, then do another 10% on friday.....then I'll be back on my Sunday schedual from there -

On a side note: I bought a large hermit crab in replacement of Gus {the blenny} and he is a friggin bulldozer in there,lol - -i was in a panic when he started moving around because he all of a sudden grew these huge "things" off the sides of his shell --- I'm thinking "oh great here I go again killing something" no no no....they are beautiful little anemones....craziest thing I ever saw........turns out i bout an anemne hermit crab from the LFS.....not bad for 9 bucks and he's the size of a nice plumb......Thank -you for all you help it's unfortunate that I lost the Blenny, BUT i have learned from it just as i have from every other lose or mistake in life......Boss

RO water

18 posts • Page 2 of 2