SPS corals in a 10gal tank?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

by singapore

so if you read my last post, u would know that i have a 130 watt light for my 10gal aquarium. once i put the sump on my tank and get the water quality kosher, is it possible to put in some sps corals? acoropora or mintipora? also, is this too bright for softies?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Pimp is the resident coral master - - he'll know .....sorry about all the confusion i created in the last post ...Boss

singapore

by singapore

dont worry, its cool. i hope to hear from pimp soon

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

sps is unforgiving with mistakes bud so your water needs to be aged at least a year and have those spiney red things on the undersides of rock before atempting sps. also you need to know how to control calcium/alkilinity/ph and any other aspect of water quality.you can grow softies also but you need to start them lower in your tank and slowly bring em up in the reef.

angus4481

by angus4481

spiney red things? i've seen those in my tank WTF are they. when i first started my tank, they were growing like crazy but have stopped now, they didnt die but they stopped growing

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

idk ,exactly what they are, mine grew things that looked like fans at the tips.i have been told by many people that they need to be in aquarium before you can have sps. i will try to find the name for them and post it.

6 posts