HELP IM IN A JAM

16 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Deltasigpony,

I'm truly feel sorry about youre ick. Ick was one of my biggest challenge ever, but I WON!! I hate to tell what i'm about to tell you, because I don't want you to think that this is the only solution out there. But i'm telling you, I tried almost every products on the market, you name it i had it. I cured my ick ( includes already affected fishes) with UV sterilization and light off for 1 week. Ick has dissapeared like I never had it before. Why I did it this way? Because I did research about the disease called ick. I found out what they needs and whats they enemies. Ick hates dark, but i knew the high UV sterilization would destroy them. I even covered my tank with a blanket. I didn;t wanted to belive it works! I had the best results without any of those chemicals. Isn't that crazy? The reason I mentioned that I hate to say that, UVS are pretty pricey stuffs, so i don't know.. I just wanted you to know, that I won the battle against those nasty bacterials... BE LUCKY AND DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

yeah i have been looking into a uv sterilizer for like a 600 to 900 gps rating so i can hook it up straight to my return from my sump the only thing that i heard that was wrong with them is that they kill the good bac to but with a live rock and live sand it really does not make that much of a difference only thing is i dont know if they make em that strong other than commercial use and the fact is $$$$$ pricey i bet. thanks for the support i have been freaking out all day the hippo tang was a present for valentines day from my gf and i love him he is the fish i have wanted from day 1

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Does your fishes try to scratch themshelves on the rocks? Ick and ich aren't the same. Ick is more dangerous than ich... but ich is usually the beginner status if ick. If you have ich only (scratches without white spots) you can quarantine the fishes for a week and cure them with copper. Ick won't harm corals, They're different type of organisms. They won't host ick.
Last edited by dick_headers on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

For your set up you'd lookin' at a 8-9W bulb, with a approx 150 G/Hr. I think a MJ 600 would do it. If you have an estabilished tank with live rocks and sand ( been set up for at least half a year) not to worry about killing good bacts, they'll represent unlike the bad ones.. You can just place a MJ 600 to your sump while yhe UVS laying on the side... Just a thought though..

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

good info headers...see we still do learn somthing new every day!!!

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Oh yeah Pimp,
I do too every day.. and just wait, because i am about to get into crals of all kinds... LORD HAVE MERCI!!!!!!

HELP IM IN A JAM

16 posts • Page 2 of 2