Hair Algae!!!!

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

also not airating water change water. or a bad source of water including iron and silicates.will cause algae do you use ro water?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

My last thought is that maybe if you reduce what is causing it your fish may help finish it off. Have you tried phoscheck? I've had a great reduction in algae using this in my filter. I was told there were phosphates in y tap water and to use it.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

can i use a phosphate sponge even if i don't know if i have a phosphate problem? i'm 5-6 weeks into a brown algae and I'm getting tired of daily blowing it off everything with a baster - -I am looking for an RO water source right away and possably a system in a couple months [$$$] but if i can drop a phosphate sponge or chips in the filter as well for added measure why not .........right?

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I noticed you said in your post that you have 'shrimp' in your tank. Unfortunately that could be about 1 of 30 species and only a few of them are VERY good with hair algae, the best and most well known variety is Amano shrimp. There is at least one other good one that slips my mind at the moment but if its not amano you have, I would get one, or several. Probably the easiest, non-time consuming, and LEAST hair-pulling, stressful way to treat for hair algae, pun intended.

Hair Algae!!!!

14 posts • Page 2 of 2