130watts...20 g tank

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

130watts...20 g tank

by singapore

i just invested in a 130watt power compact light with 4 moonLED ights. what kinda stuff can i put in now? i want some easy to care for corals, and maybe an anemone for my oc. clown? any suggestions?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

at 6 1/2 watts per gallon your choices are pretty much sky's the limit - here's an awsome site for research - -ive never bought from them, but its a great site - the next concern you should have is ---do you have enough filtration, protien skimmer - - remember lighting is a important part but only one piece of the reef environment - - -good luck

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Browse. ... ivid+Frags

singapore

by singapore

i dont have a protein skimmer yet, im in the process of saving up for one. but i want one that i can used for my 20 gal in the sump, and could also be use in my 55 gal tank that im going to upgrade to in a few months, once i sell my cichlids. any suggestions on a good, cheap skimmer?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

I bought a used Red Sea PRIZM skimmer from a friend of mine - -not the best out there but works great for me- - -it's quiet, it is hang on tank or can sit in a sump {he used it in a sump as a matter of fact} it doesn't put a lot of micro bubbles in the tank either, which is good - - it's their base model and costs about 100 bucks , which is the one i have - -i like it because although kinda wide it's very thin which would leave a lot or room for other matierials in a sump.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... catid=7928

for the money I couldn't go wrong

the next tank will run a bigger ASM G1 or G2 skimmer - -but that's getting into a pretty pricee areana

130watts...20 g tank

4 posts