[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Biocube? - RateMyFishTank.com

Biocube?

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

xxluckxx

Biocube?

by xxluckxx

Who uses a Biocube as a marine aquarium? Anything I should know? :)

reefer171

Re: Biocube?

by reefer171

What size are you looking at and how much are you willing to spend? Biocubes are pricey!

I like the 29 gal biocube - not quite small but not large either. Easy to maintain and you have more fish options open to you with this size than one of the smaller or nano sizes. But obviously the bigger it is, the more expensive the tank is, if money is limited.

xxluckxx

by xxluckxx

Cool, I'll have to look up the prices and think about it. What do you think I could put in a 29?

Are Biocubes quiet? They have built in filters I think?

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

Yes, they come with a filter and everything and are very quiet. The pump might make a little noise but certainly isn't loud.

asher

by asher

If you're using it for saltwater you'd probably need to buy a skimmer and powerheads. It doesn't come with those. It doesn't come with a heater either but the lights would likely keep it warm enough.

xxluckxx

by xxluckxx

Great :)

I'll see what other kind of equipment might be necessary then, I'm a little confused about it because I don't know if like all protein skimmers would work in a Biocube what with the special size of it etc. Or if some things would work but not look pleasing to the eye with bulky equipment in plain view...

Now for what I could possibly stock a 29 Biocube with! What about a flame angelfish?

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

blenny

by blenny

I'm afraid a flame would be too large and active for a 29 gal biocube.

xxluckxx

by xxluckxx

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

Yeah, six line wrasses do have a tendency for terrorizing their tankmates...

It's a shame your favorite fish so far wouldn't be ideal for this set up. Have you considered dwarf angels? They will nip at corals though if you plan on having them. I don't remember if you've said if the fish need to be reef safe. Also, peppermint shrimp are awesome if you're into inverts/want a cleaning crew.

Biocube?

13 posts • Page 1 of 2