[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
When you aquascape.... - RateMyFishTank.com

When you aquascape....

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

_fins_

When you aquascape....

by _fins_

....do you prefer to use only natural things such as real plants, driftwood, rock. Or do you like to use 'fake' decor too?

kate_kuhli

Re: When you aquascape....

by kate_kuhli

I'd say like 8 times out of 10 I prefer a natural setup but I wouldn't object to having a more artificial looking tank as well. It's neat to have both, gives you a different visual appeal.

blenny

by blenny

I'll use fake plants sometimes (especially good quality silk ones) but other than that I don't use any fake decor.

lumi

by lumi

I have fake decoration in my 5 gallon betta tank. My betta uses a 'skull' as a cave :)

blenny

by blenny

friend_of_fish

by friend_of_fish

My guilty pleasure is sunken ship decoration haha. I think it looks really cool when arranged nicely with some plants.

reefer171

by reefer171

For me it's a bit like asking whether you like to have corals in your saltwater tank. I do - if the fish I'm keeping won't pester the corals to death! With freshwater I like a natural setup with live plants but it depends on the fish. If I'm keeping fish that will tear up live plants than I'll probably have some fake decor.

xxluckxx

by xxluckxx

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

fish123

by fish123

Depends on what you call fake decoration. Like even stuff that looks natural but isn't, like polyresin rock? I have stuff like that. I do go for the less artificial decoration though, if I'm picking out fake rock formations and mangrove roots and that kind of thing.

When you aquascape....

10 posts