Marinepure bi-o media is it worth the hype?

2 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

markthecat

by markthecat

Marinepure bi-o media is it worth the hype?In my opion no.I will tell you why. I have been keeping fish for over 25 years.I bought some marinepure bi-o ball cost me over 50$ for the 2 quart box. i replaced it over my pond matrix with this wich by the way my pond matrix was doing an excellent job.But i decided to give this a try.It does a good job keeping the nitrites and ammonia at 0 but my seachem pond matrix also did the same thing! And pond matrix cost less and is just as effective! neither one of matrix or marinepure did not do nothing for my nitrates.Still have not found a product yet that really work for that. But the big problem i'm having with marinepure is that they claim it will last forever. THEN WHY EVERY TIME I CLEAN OUT MY CANISTER I CAN RUB SMALL PIECES OF MARINEPURE OFF WITH MY FINGER! NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH MATRIX WICH BY THE WAY WILL LAST A LIFE TIME. In my opion i think marinepure will last maybe 3-5 years before it completely breaks down. Just have to wait and see. But don't get me wrong it's great bi-o media it will do the job but if you already got great bi-o media why spend extra money on this?I wish i never had but i will use it b/c it is doing its job but to me not worth the$$$. What are your thoughts if you have used this product

kate_kuhli

Re: Marinepure bi-o media is it worth the hype?

by kate_kuhli

I haven't used it personally but I have seen it for sale before and assumed it must be good stuff since Marinepure is one of the more high end brands. This shows that doesn't always mean everything!

2 posts