Healthy Living Tips

3 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

friend_of_fish

Healthy Living Tips

by friend_of_fish

Looking for tips to get healthier!

I want to lose weight and get more fit this year. Plus I want to start living healthier in other ways too, not just pertaining to food and exercise.

lumi

Re: Healthy Living Tips

by lumi

One tip off the top of my head - and I'm not sure if you're interested in this (I know a lot of people don't 'do' supplements) - but I like to take Echinacea tablets at this time of year as they help reduce your chances of colds and flu, if you're prone to those. Or you can start taking Echinacea AFTER you get a cold or such, too.

kate_kuhli

Re: Healthy Living Tips

by kate_kuhli

I'm a big fan of being chemical free, or as close to chemical free as it's possible to be. Not only healthier for people, but it's good for the environment too :)

So I like sourcing my cosmetics, soap/shampoo, cleaning supplies etc to ensure that it's not got a lot of nasty stuff in it and has mainly natural ingredients.

Actually, I pretty much only clean with bleach and white vinegar.

I like using essential oils for skin and hair health. This can even include using essential oils (such as tea tree or clove) on cuts and scrapes and making natural lotions using a base oil like coconut oil which is then mixed with whichever essential oils you want.

Just check out the ingredients on the things you use and go from there!

Healthy Living Tips

3 posts