anyone see this.. i want it...

22 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

I saw a video on how someone made the open bottom tank. There is no special equipment, its quite simple actually. Air in the top tank is sucked out using a vacuum and tubing... once u suck the air out, the water level will rise. All the powerhead does (and u dont even need the powerhead part of it, rather the venturi)... is take the little air left at the top and recycle it to the bottom where it floats back up to the top only to get recycled again. If anyone is seriously going to try to make it, I will gladly link the video where it shows how, just let me know.
Last edited by spongebob4460 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

OK Spongebob! I want to see the video.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

Peter, here is the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vPaPA0oeY9s

He doesnt use a powerhead and runs the tube on the outside, but its the same effect of using a powerhead with the tubing internal to the tank.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

You are sooo right!!! I didn't think a venturi had enough suction to do it. I have a either 1 or 1/2 gallon tiny tank and I'm going to try this. I didn't think there would be enough suction because when my power heads are too deep, when I've just topped off the tank, sometimes there isn't enough suction to pull air down even 6 inches. I guess there is too much resistance to water getting pulled through my deep gravel and that is why I can't get enough suction. Very very cool idea! I'll let you know when I get this done, and I'll take pics of it. Thanks Spongebob!

gumbii

by gumbii

i've seen albino's before in petshops... they're baller... you could get some at www.kingsnake.com

i'd rather have a hypo...
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=39&de=550290

the turtles that i really REALLY want to get are fly river turtles...

http://www.flyriverturtle.com/turtle-photos.html

i might get a couple really soon... i just found a breeder near me... but he wants 300 bucks each...

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

This forum is about fish not crazy videos

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

once again you speak before being sure of what you're talking about... the videos are about fish and aquariums

gumbii

by gumbii

jeez freshwaterfail/aids... you suck at posting...

having a albino/hypo/amel/truens red ear slider as the main focus point of your tank is BALLER!!!... no one pays more than 300 bucks for a water turtle... if i was to find one at a good price i would jump on it...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Wow man - -you know I really do get along with everyone in my life . . .but .... if you don't start acting like afriggin human being pleco i'm going to get disrespectful with you - - I and others have continuosly spoken to you with respect and encouragement, we want you to be a part of this great hobby with us and we want to hear about your expieiences as we might be able to learn something from you - - -but after a couple weeks of pure BS coming from your keyboard - -I'd like to suggest maybe you go to Yahoo chat and talk trash with those people as that seems to be a good environment for that - - - Snowboss

anyone see this.. i want it...

22 posts • Page 2 of 3