Silk plants?

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

friend_of_fish

Silk plants?

by friend_of_fish

I know a lot of people use silk plants in their tanks - they seem to be especially popular with betta fish owners - but where do you get silk plants? Just from places that sell aquarium supplies or can you buy silk plants that are sold for multi purpose use?

kate_kuhli

Re: Silk plants?

by kate_kuhli

That's a good question. I'll be watching this thread with interest. The only thing I can think of is that silk plants not sold specifically for aquarium use may have pieces on them, like metal wire or clips to attach them to things, and that wouldn't be safe. But if you checked and they didn't have that than maybe...but I have no idea really. Hopefully someone else will know.

tetrafan

Re: Silk plants?

by tetrafan

I don't know about the safety aspect, but I feel like you're going to get a lot more variety with silk plants sold for aquariums. Probably more realistic too.

If you want to pinch pennies though you can buy in bulk maybe? There's many online stores that sell silk plants, just google it and a long list of them will come up. Thatfishplace (I think that's the name) and Drfostersandsmith seem to have some good choices and good prices. I know Drf&S often have sales and free shipping if you spend a certain amount (sometimes $19, sometimes $49).

Silk plants?

3 posts