5 gallon planted tank?

18 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

I don't think Gumbii meant harm, but its very easy for people to get directed in the wrong direction on this site sometimes, and its sometimes frustrating for people who have been in the hobby for a long time to see this happen. I personally take everyones input and reach my own conclusions... I just respect Gumbii's input as ive read NUMEROUS posts of theirs and agree a lot with the input given. And I respect yours too, hehehe.... thats the joy of a forum.

LeviNHeidi4480

by LeviNHeidi4480

No doubt. I appreciate all the help that the people on here are willing to offer.

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm not tripping on you LeviNHeidi... but i wont take bad advice lightly... just like telling someone that a 5g tank will be enough for even a small goldfish... no... i stand strong on facts, and my beliefs... i'm not saying that i'm an expert, but damnit... i'm not a retard... if spongebob doesn't want to take my advice it's keen... but at least i let him know some stuff...that's what forums are for...

i don't want to sound like a forum nazi, but that's just the way i am... i really like this forum... it's new, fresh, and feel like i should contribute as much info as i can...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Well jeez. I have a half gallon tank for some of my mosquito fish fry. The water is circulated through this tank, through a 20 gallon planted tank, through an undergravel filter and a 175 gallon tank capacity canister filter, so there's no problem with fresh water. When you have a pregnant fish and don't want her to eat her young, if she's a live bearer, the bearing cage is only 5 by 5 by 10 inches. I always through a plant in with the mother so she can be a bit sheltered, and I never leave one in there for more than 4 or 5 days at the most. Fry in numbers can produce a lot of waste, but they don't need a lot of room, at least mosquito fish fry for the first few weeks. They're so small they look like sperm when they're born. I have my 10 gallon feeder goldfish tank with another much bigger birth of fry. I guess I'll get another my 40 gallon tank set up and start it cycling with all the fry.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

I would not recomend any live plants in a 5 gallon

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Why not Freshwaterpleco?

gumbii

by gumbii

i've had a couple of my 1/2g tanks for my bettas with some anacharis before... and it did wel... java fern should also be very well... probably the best one to get... it stays small, and feeds of NoX...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think 5 gallons is fine for many plants. You just have to make sure you don't crowd whatever small fish you have if the plants get too overgrown.

5 gallon planted tank?

18 posts • Page 2 of 2