Best Fish for Begginers

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

sammy8

Best Fish for Begginers

by sammy8

I have a 34 gallon tank, still cycling at the moment. I have been trying to find out which fish would be best for begginers. Preferably non aggresive.

cjhp

Re: Best Fish for Begginers

by cjhp

Guppies would not be my first choice. They breed like um guppies. (5 times worse than rabbits) A single medium sized (not dwarf) gourami and a trio of corydoras catfish. With this combo you get a show fish with personality and a cleanup crew plus full spectrum use of your aquarium.

Alasse

by Alasse

Do an all male guppy tank....

moo0oo

by moo0oo

Guppies! It's fun to watch them breed and the fry need no special attention. A good introduction to care and a taste of what it's like to breed fish. Just make sure you have a plan for the fry- some aquariums will give you store credit for them.

cmontgomery

by cmontgomery

I agree guppies or mollies with something to eat fry to keep them from being over populated cat fish and a gurami

omcdonnell

by omcdonnell

I have a 50 gallon tank with all tropical fish from pet smart and my fish are very pretty, spread out and healthy. I would first get a feel for which fish swim at which levels (for example catfish are bottom swimmers and guppies are typically mid-top swimmers), that's just for a better look though as far as fish I would go with neon tetras, guppies, small cory's, then either maybe a couple mollys or flappys.

Best Fish for Begginers

6 posts