Ammonia levels won't go down

1 post

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

broadleon

by broadleon

Hi

I'm really struggling to get ammonia levels down, i do a water change every week and change 25% of water.

Since i had a Danio that lost his fin getting stuck down the back of the filter i thought i'd drop in a little MELAFIX to help the healing process, I think this may have been my fatal mistake. Lost a fish.

Although i did notice a guppy had given birth to one baby, fatal mistake two moving the baby to a separate tank, it died.

I loss power to the house a week before xmas, just for one day. So i changed 25% of the water twice in a day to help keep oxygen and temp at good levels, i lost a fish shortly after.

Mistake three i forgot to switch the filter on for 5 days after a water change, fatal mistake three. Lost a fish.

Now i lose a fish every month.
-----------

Going from 6 danios, 2 guppies and two gouramis to 3 danios, and one danio is on the way out.
I use the API Master kit, and i don't know if this is right but my ph water levels don't register on the chart (very low).
And ammonia goes to at least 2 but not higher, a water change gets it too about 1 all other levels are zero.

I just dont understand? I, am now doing a water change every four days and this doesn't seem to be working. And i just use api stress coat with these new water changes, and have been doing so for two weeks in hope of the ammonia dropping.

Can Anyone help?

1 post