Tank Makeover 29 gallon

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

flirtygirl624

Tank Makeover 29 gallon

by flirtygirl624

I have a 29 gallon aqueon tank that I want to redo completely. I first got into aquariums about 2 years ago and have learned a lot. The tank originally had mollies, platy, pleco and some tetras (everyone kept breeding) and long story short we put a chemical in and killed almost everything at once and there were some survivors but we kept them in there until we got a new idea..I then wanted to do Africian Chiclids but was told 29 gallon would not be good. I want a colorful and full tank...What does everyone recommend? I need some good top, mid, and bottom fish..Any help will be greatly appreciated..

andrecarneiro

Re: Tank Makeover 29 gallon

by andrecarneiro

you should have a look at some of the tropheus species, they are from africa and some dont get very large, theres also an insane amount of colour variations available.

oetheous

by oetheous

Trophs are way to aggressive to keep in a 29. They are small fish, but put a few trophs in a 29, and you'll end up with only one troph.

Try some Rams, either bolivians or germans. They are cool fish!!

andrecarneiro

by andrecarneiro

Actually its advisable to keep Trophs in large groups... apologies we work in litres on this side of the world... after doin the math ,that size tank wouldnt be suitable for trophs (my bad), ideally you want them in a minimum tank size of 75 Gallons (as you would call it) with about 12 or so of them in there. I agree with oetheous on the rams... but do a bit of research before commiting coz there really is so much out there... fish are a long term investment and with that size tank you wont be able to keep adding every fish u see and like so u will be restricted. have fun and enjoy :)

Tank Makeover 29 gallon

4 posts